Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subs were odd again for me, but a tricky fixture we came out with three points from.

Performance needs to be much better for West Ham, but I can't complain with a win. Sixty points might not be out of reach after all.

I'm not bothered how well/bad we play as long as we end up with 3 points. Villa were dreadful but 5 wins in 6 is definitely a step in the right direction.

Really tough set of fixtures coming up now, hopefully we can come out of it being in the hunt for 6th place.

just read guardian review -basically routine win, villa got a goal at the end to give it some respectability

theres nothing wrong with staying in second gear occasionally if you dont need to change things

I will be amazed if Martinez is in charge next season. He managed to make Villa look good tonight.

It wasn't great. Felt we won because we had better players rather than anything down to tactics or how we approached the game.

We're a complete anomaly to me. There's times when we rip teams apart for fun, then you get games like tonight where we look so bereft of ideas.

If we finish the season on a high though, I've got no qualms with Martinez taking us into next year.

It wasn't great. Felt we won because we had better players rather than anything down to tactics or how we approached the game.

We're a complete anomaly to me. There's times when we rip teams apart for fun, then you get games like tonight where we look so bereft of ideas.

If we finish the season on a high though, I've got no qualms with Martinez taking us into next year.
I think its always difficult to get back up to speed after a trip away.

11 games to go and we're 6 points off 5th and with a game in hand over 2 of the teams in front of us. I think if we can get to somewhere around 6th - 8th and at least get past Chelsea then it should be considered a decent season.

Made me laugh how he had to show Garde who has read the most coaching manuals by going 3-5-2. He did the same when Rodgers pulled a switch at Goodison a year or two ago.

I liked the balance he had out wide tonight, but I think he needs to address the centre of midfield as a matter of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back