Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win, the penny finally seems to have dropped. We are embracing what we are (a very good counterattacking side) and playing the form players in Robles Mori Oviedo Lennon. If Roberto continues along this path he and I will have no problems. If we start the tippy tappy rubbish as soon as we're back at home with Baines Stones and Howard back in then the fume will start again.

Top half with a game in hand, which if we win we go 7th; won 3 out of the last four PL games; conceded 9 goals in the last 13 games; one cup SF secured and another hopefully to come; scoring goals for fun and playing football touched by the Gods.

Already a good season and promising to be better.

I'm calling this as Roberto's breakthrough season when he sorted style, performance and now results out.

Give this feller a big transfer warchest in the summer and we're going to start ripping up this league.

more likely to be despite his philosophy than because of it.
I'm calling it clutching at straws

but then I would - just like you do from your end

Come on tho...doesnt know how to defend, loves howard, should be playing baines, should be paying mirallas, is too nice blah blah blah

Lets ignore he has got the average age of the team right down, he has had to prioritise his budget, school boy errors that cannot be defended, attacking football, development of youth, investment in youth, show his discipline element behind the scenes rather humiliating in public Distin, mirallas, eye for a player...

One more season, keep this fantastic squad togehter at all costs and add a couple of more quality players for the first 11 and take it from there..... lets not play snakes and ladders with hiring and firing. We need stability now more than ever....
100% spot on mate.

TBF, I don't even think it's been an issue with the club since he arrived. The owners have and will continue to see the ongoing development of this team from the semi agricultural tosh they played under the dog end days of Moyes to the stylish and effective team we have now.

Only in the minds of a few has there been some belief that change was ever coming to the managerial situation. It's not needed and it's not happening.

Martinez out. Not because of today's game but because he lacks something we need to become great... ability. We're financially sound now and need to start acting like it. Clear out the bargain bin staff: Martinez, Kone, McCarthy, they reek of Wigan's descent in to oblivion and start acting like a European football chasing team.

Behave.

more likely to be despite his philosophy than because of it.
I'm calling it clutching at straws

but then I would - just like you do from your end
I don't think it's down to subjectivity. It is what it is if we get ourselves three places higher than we are now - a good season. If we do something in this cup it'll be promoted to a very good season.

I doubt that most people would think otherwise.

It's been a very progressive season all told, and the promise of cash to build on it puts us in a strong position for the coming seasons.

I don't think it's down to subjectivity. It is what it is if we get ourselves three places higher than we are now - a good season. If we do something in this cup it'll be promoted to a very good season.

I doubt that most people would think otherwise.

It's been a very progressive season all told, and the promise of cash to build on it puts us in a strong position for the coming seasons.

I could say 'Progressive' in which direction.

your man ( if he's still hereto collect it ) may just be able to pull himself up by his own boot straps / buy himself out of trouble with this warchest
Like he did when he moved to Us.

He's still to caught up in this philosophy rowlocks.

what you can't or won't see is yes the philosophy gives us a good GF figure, but as a result also a poorish GA total

also... it isn't actually working that well

most of our wins are when we have less possession not more. Many of our goals are scored on the quick break.

He's said he won't change

we have to

No? one word; Leicester, aka accentuate the positive eliminate the negative... it can be done with the right hand at the tiller.

Just as Moyes could be said to be a latter day Buchan / PE teacher.
Martinez could also be seen as a Carey football purist.

The Goldilocks option mate

Not too much Moyes, not too much Martinez, but just right

we need a Catterick type to meld the two styles

Top half with a game in hand, which if we win we go 7th; won 3 out of the last four PL games; conceded 9 goals in the last 13 games; one cup SF secured and another hopefully to come; scoring goals for fun and playing football touched by the Gods.

Already a good season and promising to be better.

I'm calling this as Roberto's breakthrough season when he sorted style, performance and now results out.

Give this feller a big transfer warchest in the summer and we're going to start ripping up this league.

oh great when are the medals handed out ?

breakthrough into the top half from 11th ? oh happy days

Progressive will be wins against West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U...this wuld be real progress, the rest is just talk...

Five wins out of six. Fourteen goals scored and only two conceded.

Stick that in your grid and suck on it you moaning arse video game playing self loathers.

All its took is a bit of luck to go our way and some brave decisions by your leader. Like dropping the player we had £40m bids for.

The utter cajones on Roberto. Size of them big dangling Iberian magnificent cajones.

I hope at the next press conference he just lashes his cajones out on the table with "plotters" scribbled on them in red writing to signify the club they truly should support.

Keep backtracking. @davek owns you now, he keeps you in a box on his mantelpiece.

Oh wowzas dave

You've spent too long looking into the Evil Abyss that is RAWK and you've started picking up some rogue phrases.

You probably even read this back with an Oslo accent
914744d1437663850-jamie-carragher-managers-story-837e0042230452ffe2cd19b054a74974.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back