Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five wins out of six. Fourteen goals scored and only two conceded.

Stick that in your grid and suck on it you moaning arse video game playing self loathers.

All its took is a bit of luck to go our way and some brave decisions by your leader. Like dropping the player we had £40m bids for.

The utter cajones on Roberto. Size of them big dangling Iberian magnificent cajones.

I hope at the next press conference he just lashes his cajones out on the table with "plotters" scribbled on them in red writing to signify the club they truly should support.

Keep backtracking. @davek owns you now, he keeps you in a box on his mantelpiece.
Cajones means drawers in Spanish like, so it should be quite easy to to lash one on the desk in a press conference. Unfortunately though, he hasn't been able to work out how to unlock anything at Goodison for 18 months so we'll probably just have to watch him moving the key side to side for an hour, then swapping it for an identical key for another 30 minutes and getting booed off by the journos.

Cajones means drawers in Spanish like, so it should be quite easy to to lash one on the desk in a press conference. Unfortunately though, he hasn't been able to work out how to unlock anything at Goodison for 18 months so we'll probably just have to watch him moving the key side to side for an hour, then swapping it for an identical key for another 30 minutes and getting booed off by the journos.
What another fine set of mahogany goods you got there Roberto.

Eric Djemba-Djemba said:
I knew I wouldn't get a proper response from you because it would require an actual opinion on football.

press mute again and cocks ear*

accepts another digestive from @davek*

@Eric Djemba-Djemba

Chico might occasionally be sarcastic, even caustic... but if memory serves me correctly, you were suggesting in a different thread that defeat, even relegation would be a good thing - is that an actual opinion on your part or the after effects of a serious night on the ale ?

Eric Djemba-Djemba said:
I knew I wouldn't get a proper response from you because it would require an actual opinion on football.

@Eric Djemba-Djemba

Chico might occasionally be sarcastic, even caustic... but if memory serves me correctly, you were suggesting in a different thread that defeat, even relegation would be a good thing - is that an actual opinion on your part or the after effects of a serious night on the ale ?
Yeah, I'd be buzzing if we got relegated. It would be a real step forward for the club.

Eric Djemba-Djemba said:

@Eric Djemba-Djemba

Please don't kick Eric when he's down like that as I like the gentleman and I'm worried about you stomping on his head.

Please someone stop this.

Great profile pic but...

You're completely wrong.

We've shown just this season we have several completely different ways of playing, certain sections of support are just too blind to see it.

Yes he's made mistakes but the squad also have to take a lot of responsibility as well.
What are these ways?
I see 4231 every week
I see (bar last night) no left midfielder

We try and bore teams to death at home but play into their hands, we are good away cos of the players we have at our disposal (should have killed many a game off tho but he leaves the games too open)

What are these ways?
I see 4231 every week
I see (bar last night) no left midfielder

We try and bore teams to death at home but play into their hands, we are good away cos of the players we have at our disposal (should have killed many a game off tho but he leaves the games too open)

First point, when McCarthy got injured against Bournemouth we played 4-1-4-1 from then up until Christmas. Some great play at times but rarely did it work.

Second point, we have never played with an out and out left winger. That is down to it suiting our attack-minded left back(s) to have a player who drifts inside and links up play. Cleverley has done that well in the last few games. Yesterday suited Mirallas in that there was plenty of space for him to run into on the counter against torrid defenders.

No we don't try to 'bore teams to death'. Against West Brom, for example as that's our last home game, we had 4 shots on goal in the opening 10 minutes, getting behind their defence numerous times and we looked like we were going to batter them.

As much as RM makes mistakes, the players are the ones who go out on the pitch and make basic mistakes as well. Not just with the defending, but also in games like Swansea and Palace and Norwich and WBA and, heck, even against City away in both league and cup, where they created plenty of chances and somehow failed to convert the majority of them. Two that spring to mind is Del one-on-one in the semi-final second leg and Coleman missing from a yard out vs Swansea...

We create plenty of chances and have scored plenty of goals this season, yet I'd say our general conversion rate is still relatively poor in a lot of games and had it been consistently up to the standards we can hit our defending (which has certainly improved in recent weeks) would be no where near as much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back