Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
b0b9c731b20cb979df77522f498f4db8.jpg

Bobby giveth and Bobby taketh away.

Amen.

I would certainly agree with that sentiment, the pain over the last couple of years had been down heartening. I do look forward more to our future progress with the change that has occurred.

I would not have had you down for a Biblical scholar but well found.

Pax Brother Goat.

Two things that get me down about RM.

1. Will keep trying 3 CBs at the back, to me this leaves us exposed to overlapping.

2. Has not given up on his Tiki Taka football.

oh great when are the medals handed out ?

breakthrough into the top half from 11th ? oh happy days

Out of the teams in the top half of the PL at the moment, none have had the consistency in all competitions that Everton have had. None.

No medals are handed out for that (yet - we may go on to win the FA Cup), but it underlines the strong season we've had overall.

Sorry if that contradicts your cynicism, but there it is.

You can waste your time moaning about whatever you want lads....fact of the matter is Roberto Martinez is an integral part of what Moshiri has bought into. It's why nobody made an appropriate offer over the last 10 years.....we had an ageing squad with very few coveted players and despite all his strong points a manager who was on the whole more interested in not conceding than scoring. It's an entertainments business....bums on seats and viewers on screens comes from being entertained and having the best players you can afford, or at least the best of the leagues developing youngsters. It's why Spurs are a great pull, and like it or loathe it it's why Everton are NOW a great investment. The new shareholder is an astute businessman, and on that basis I'm totally sure he's onside with Roberto's plan for our team. He knows that Roberto attracted the bulk of the players that we all believe are part of the best squad we've had for 30 years....and he obviously at this point in time shares his vision.

Roberto is not getting sacked this season. It's unlikely he'll get the bullet next season unless our stock takes a downward turn.
Spot on that. Martinez's style and charisma attract better players and people who want to invest in the club. He's dragged the club into the 21st century and we're on the cusp of being seen as a forward thinking big time team again.

Little so called Evertonians acting like scurrying rats because we have won a few games under a manager they wanted fired because they watch too much Apprentice and think they're jarg European ultras in their heads.

Sad to see.

If you've been wrong, there's nothing to do other than to be man enough to admit it and move on.

Too many have painted themselves into a ridiculous corner on Martinez and see themselves as losing face if they ever admit they were wrong. They're like that Japanese soldier living in a Pacific Island jungle 20 years after WWII refusing to believe the war with the Americans was over. It's time for these lads on here to come out of the undergrowth, throw their weapons down and grab a coke and cheeseburger.

Out of the teams in the top half of the PL at the moment, none have had the consistency in all competitions that Everton have had. None.

Wait what? None? What consistency have Everton shown in the Premiership?

City have already won one trophy and are still in the Champions League, plus they're challenging for the Premiership.

Arsenal and Spurs are challenging for the league are still in Europe and/or the FA Cup.

The rs and Chelsea are still above us and both still in Europe (Chelsea will in the FA Cup).

Personally I'd rather be where Leicester are than be 10th and still in the FA Cup.

Spot on that. Martinez's style and charisma attract better players and people who want to invest in the club. He's dragged the club into the 21st century and we're on the cusp of being seen as a forward thinking big time team again.

How did that work for him at Wigan? Did his style and charisma attract those players and investment then? Anyone?

Don't sell Everton so short. Truth is Martinez needs Everton a lot more than Everton need Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back