Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know why you're picking on Barry - he was there to block the shot from Deeney. And he wasn't walking - he had just stopped his run as the cross was going to Jagielka. He wasn't to know that Jagielka would knock it to Layun.

Mirallas, McCarthy and Coleman all had a chance to prevent the cross, while Stones and Jagielka had a chance to clear the cross.

I don't think you can say that Barry was to blame for the goal.
I'm not really. McCarthy played worse but Barry didn't pick up a man and was walking when he was the closest to the player that scored.

Apart from that Barry was OK, decent to good even. My problem with Barry in general though is more an issue with our tactics of playing two holding midfielders. The goal certainly wasn't an unforgivable mistake but you would like to think a holding midfielder who's job is to spot and nullify danger would have recognized it but I am being harsh with that criticism. I'm not wrong just harsh.

If I had no clear, specific footballing opinions and just relied on flannel like Bob, I'd stay off this sort of programme

To be honest, I think his natural calling is punditry and he will become a full time one soon enough.

Now I come to think of it, I first came across him when he was on the Spanish football of a Sunday night about a decade ago.

Can you tell us what this means ? does what ?

Not everyone is watching the programme and on here mate.

Just Carragher questioning him on player posistioning and the likes. Made him look a bit of a bell although he stood his ground well.

Not a Martinez fan so much anymore but that was a bit harsh to put him through that when he's doing them a favour!!

Great blast by carragher about Ross and stones tho

He pretty much admitted we'll go more direct when teams sit deep against us at home, which considering he's been accused of being one dimensional by some people was interesting.

I'll believe it when I see it, Doug.

There were similiar noises around the time of the West Ham cup ties in January but he soon reverted to type :(

He pretty much admitted we'll go more direct when teams sit deep against us at home, which considering he's been accused of being one dimensional by some people was interesting.
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back