Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great subs.

I like Browning but he isn't good enough on the ball. He doesn't look comfortable and doesn't seem to understand passing angles. This meant it was tough to get the ball to Del. Other players didn't want to give him the ball. Putting McCarthy back and bringing Gibson on made complete sense

We never showed even a hint of giving up tonight and I think that all stems back to the manager. Roberto has clearly instilled a great deal of confidence in our lads, which can be just as important as tactics - especially with a young squad.

"Rom has the unique strength of being the man the team needs. He has an elite brain"

Love you Bobby, but stop speaking gobbledygook.
Kind of get his claim. He thinks Rom is a "world class" (or elite) player and what distinguishes them is that they have a winning mentality. Not sure if I agree entirely about Rom, but would love if the whole lot of them turned out to have elite brains and we went on to win the league this year. Yay!!

But what does Fat Stan think? Can we have him back as a "guest thread commentator" to discuss the way his "954 and counting" thread has gone and what he thinks of the fact that it is always a lot more active when we lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back