Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martínez says side have shown Champions League potential

"“We don’t need to rely on other teams,” said the Everton manager. “We rely on how good we can be and how quickly we can get to that level. The Southampton performance and the Chelsea performance – that’s the level that is needed to get into the Champions League. If you can do that every week you’re going to have a great chance to get over 70 points.

“How many points are going to be needed this season? It’s hard to tell but I think it’ll be such a close season. You look at the points West Ham have got away from home and Crystal Palace’s form. There are many teams who are going to take a lot of points from the so-called top four. That makes me think 70 points will get you into the top positions.

“It is about consistency. It is down to us being as consistent as we can be in every game. It is not about looking elsewhere or what is happening with the investment in other teams. I’m excited. I’m starting to see signs of a very competitive squad and hopefully we can develop that for the next eight months.”

to be fair, these are premier league teams. anyone in the top half can pull off a few "top 4 performances" over the course of a season. It's all about results at the end of the day - united haven't put in a good performance in anger this season yet are top.

What a completely dreadfull post

3217727178.jpg

Leicester have lost a sodding game yet mate.
Not looking promising for the Tinker man lifting the MOTM award after that mauling. I expect them to sink like a stone now. They've gotten ahead of themselves; started believing they could go toe to toe with top teams.

Masterminded a cup campaign. His scalps along the way:

Eddie Howe
Dave Moyles
Roberto Mancini

RM = Capo di tutti capi

About 12 years old.
Hoofball.
Scarf wearing ponce.

I reckon i could have won the cup with Wigan coming up against those guys.

RM = Crapo di tiki taki carp.

I didn't know that :)

In fact, I didn't even think they had those awards back then :(

In more recent times though, it seems to me every time our manager has been presented with an award on the pitch prior to a game we have failed to win :(
Gordon Lee was presented with a huge bottle of champers about 15 minutes before kick off, then walked to the Park End full of kopites, lifting it in the air in triumph. Perhaps Martinez could wave a giant P45 at Brenda this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back