Confirmed Signing Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's been excellent for what i've seen of him in sweden and in FCK. That Roma howler is painful to watch though.

As many others have stated, this GK move is clearly just being done to mess with pickers' head and i just hope it doesnt make things worse is all.

He bounced back at Cagliari last year. I mean he wasn't peak Buffon, but if he is what he was at Cagliari we have improved the side.

He'll get my full support mate until he chucks the first ball he has to catch into the net.

If he's an improvement on Pickford thays great, if not he'll just be a standby as Lossl will be off.

Olsen is a threat to Pickford. He is not top, top level and as noted above has struggled in Italy but he is Sweden's established 1 (v. Lossl being Denmark's back-up) so has plenty of big game experience and has the size that Ancelotti likes. If this loan (so not a massive commitment) gets done in time I doubt Carlo would hesitate to pick him ahead of Pickford if the errors continue. We should expect OK not world beating if he does but that would still be incremental improvement.

If we sign this guy, he should go straight in for the derby.

I hasten to add I know nothing about him but in my eyes Pickfords head has gone.

I used to defend Pickford. I would argue that he hasn't made any errors at international level and generally makes more saves than mistakes. I did question his concentration, especially in heated matches against Liverpool, Utd or particularly Newcastle.

But I can't defend him anymore. The mistakes he is making are unforgivable and worse than that, there is no hostile atmosphere to blame. So he's clearly just not able to focus.

I can't judge this Olsen lad. But if he has had a rough time at Roma, doesn't every player deserve a fresh start? Keepers in particular come under the most scrutiny. I often think back to poor Robert Enke and his unfortunate demise...all stemming from error prone spells and lack of confidence.

If this deal does happen, let's get behind him eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.