2024/25 Roman Dixon

Overall he should be very proud of himself. Some moments of naivety and he was shattered by around the 60th minute but I thought overall he dealt with Odobert and Son really well and made some great challenges.

Still has a lot to learn and in an ideal world he isn't the best RB option but I think that game showed he has enough about him to be a choice going forward.

Played well and definitely deserves another chance.
I don't agree. He's quick, didn't do too badly from a defensive perspective, but he looked incredibly limited on the ball and some way off the level required from that perspective. Pleased for him making his debut, but I'm hoping there's another fit option available next week.

I don't agree. He's quick, didn't do too badly from a defensive perspective, but he looked incredibly limited on the ball and some way off the level required from that perspective. Pleased for him making his debut, but I'm hoping there's another fit option available next week.

I didnt watch the match, do you not think he's a better option than Young who always seems to be eager to risk a red card, legs have gone and seems a weak link?

Just from reading the comments, if we went 'full Zat' and brought in Gnonto for the right wing ahead of him...would we not have endless pace and a new right flank full of promise?

Yes hopefully young and he can get another red. Pretty much the same on the opposite side Mykolenko is also incredibly limited, thought Dixon defended better than myko and I’m sure there was some nerves like when he kicked it out for a corner was very amateurish. I definitely think he deserves another chance terrible game to make your debut in.

I didnt watch the match, do you not think he's a better option than Young who always seems to be eager to risk a red card, legs have gone and seems a weak link?

Just from reading the comments, if we went 'full Zat' and brought in Gnonto for the right wing ahead of him...would we not have endless pace and a new right flank full of promise?

If I'm honest, I think Young (despite the fact I dislike Young a lot) would probably be a better option, but only very marginally.

Dixon is quick, very quick in fact and I can't really think of anything he did wrong defensively barring falling for an early one-two which can happen to more experienced players.

The glaring thing I noticed from a negative perspective is that he looked really, really weak in terms of what he does with the ball at his feet. Like sort of Hibbert-esque, possibly worse than that. Mykolenko is obviously fairly limited on the other side, but we are talking a fair bit below that.

Based on 90 mins, I don't think he'd be *that* much worse than Young (given Young always being likely to do something stupid) so maybe it's worth keeping him in if Young is the only alternative given he's at least got the advantage of potentially getting better, and it's nice to see a young lad make his debut but I've got to be honest and say that unless what we saw from him technically today was far less than he's capable of, I'm not going to be clamouring to get him back in the side.

I think if it were a new signing rather than a young kid having played in that game today (and, to be fair, as someone else said it's a v difficult game to be making your debut in) eyebrows would be being raised about his technical ability.

Ashley Young is a liability and makes mistakes every game. I’d rather see a youngster like Dixon given a run of games who has scope to improve and has a point to prove. Same applies to Armstrong. Dyche speaks about the ‘experienced players’ like Keane, Coleman and Young as if they’re prime Cafu’s and Maldini’s.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.