2024/25 Roman Dixon

The Pat Van den Hauwe in me wanted him to absolutely nail Son. Maybe that's why I only ever played County standard.

…not sure what that means, VdH was a Rolls Royce of a defender, terrific athlete, class act who rarely had to get out of third gear. One of the very best, we even won a title with him playing CB for most of the season.

Thought the young lad coped ok, caught in no-mans land a few times but decent when one-to-one with his winger.

He looks quick. Throwing a radical idea out there- how about playing a right footed right winger in front of him so they could maybe offer some threat in attack as a partnership. Probably a bit adventurous for Dyche.

…not sure what that means, VdH was a Rolls Royce of a defender, terrific athlete, class act who rarely had to get out of third gear. One of the very best, we even won a title with him playing CB for most of the season.

Thought the young lad coped ok, caught in no-mans land a few times but decent when one-to-one with his winger.
You remember why they called him Psycho?

You remember why they called him Psycho?

…of course he was nuts (slept with his eyes open, teammates would wind him up to chin somebody in the tunnel etc) but I think it’s a tag that takes away from his brilliance as a defender. What a player, a right footed left back, only Ray Wilson bettered him as a LB in my time watching Everton which is an accolade given how good Baines was.

Last edited:
Thing I like most about Pat Van Den Hauwe is how well he’s aged and how handsome he still looks now even at 60, despite being a raging alcoholic and drug addict for a fair amount of time. And all credit to him for beating that too

But back on topic Dixon did well I thought. Not perfect but felt more secure with him there than Young. Young is every bit as big a liability as Keane

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back