2024/25 Roman Dixon

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s part of Dyche that wanted him to really struggle and have a poor game so he could use it as further evidence of his bizarre claims about the importance of premier league experience.
i think that’s a bit far fetched he might of been looking at it like another nothing game however to think he wanted him to struggle is a bad shout i would say

…not sure what that means, VdH was a Rolls Royce of a defender, terrific athlete, class act who rarely had to get out of third gear. One of the very best, we even won a title with him playing CB for most of the season.

Thought the young lad coped ok, caught in no-mans land a few times but decent when one-to-one with his winger.
I always thought VDH was really a CB. Stevens used to bomb down the right flank with Trevor tucking in, we seemed to go three at the back when we had the ball. What we’d give to have a back line like that these days.

Coleman got battered on his first start as a full
Back and did alright for us after that ! Dixon did alright today ! Much prefer dixon getting more chances and he’s not going to get beaten as easy for pace like young ! Keep giving the lad experience !
Agree
What a jump in standards, pace and probably the lad was overwhelmed thrown in last minute. I thought he did well enough. He’ll only get better

Well done to the lad, didn’t let himself or us down.

Made a total mockery of Dyches comments about prem experience and no decent players in the academy, just keep picking past it garbage Sean, nice one.

another nail in the managers coffin.

Shame Dico will be back out of the squad as soon as injuries and suspensions are over.
Hadn't thought of that, great point regarding prem experience as an excuse to play Keane but then to go on and play Dixon on debut over Holgate. A manager making it up as he goes and getting lucky enough to keep us up.

I always thought VDH was really a CB. Stevens used to bomb down the right flank with Trevor tucking in, we seemed to go three at the back when we had the ball. What we’d give to have a back line like that these days.
Gary Stevens for Neil McDonald was the moment we went from a top team to a mid table team. He was utterly priceless.

As for Roman Dixon, just based on the fact he can run properly he is probably our best right back at the moment. Trippier first choice with Dixon understudy would be decent.

Gary Stevens for Neil McDonald was the moment we went from a top team to a mid table team. He was utterly priceless.

As for Roman Dixon, just based on the fact he can run properly he is probably our best right back at the moment. Trippier first choice with Dixon understudy would be decent.
Another reason to hate the RS, losing Steven and Stevens was entirely down to them.

I remember one season when McDonald was injured and Snodin briefly became amazing at RB. Think Dalglish tried to sign him as a sweeper but he came to us as he wanted to play midfield, think piss kecks Kenny might have been onto something!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s part of Dyche that wanted him to really struggle and have a poor game so he could use it as further evidence of his bizarre claims about the importance of premier league experience.

Exactly the type of thing Dyche was talking about in terms of how schizophrenic the fanbase are.

Plays Dixon instead of Holgate - ulterior motives.
Puts Armstrong on instead of Maupay - wants him to fail.

Agree
What a jump in standards, pace and probably the lad was overwhelmed thrown in last minute. I thought he did well enough. He’ll only get better

Thought Dyche left him on a bit too long tbh, he looked shattered, but to his credit never let us down. I want to see moreover this," there is nothing coming through" youth in the Everton set up.

Exactly the type of thing Dyche was talking about in terms of how schizophrenic the fanbase are.

Plays Dixon instead of Holgate - ulterior motives.
Puts Armstrong on instead of Maupay - wants him to fail.

Yeah we're all schizo's, for wanting Dyche to drop some of his failed regulars like Holgate, Young an Keane. Great post mate. ;)

I was amazed to see Roman Dixson starting yesterday over Mason Holgate, and did wonder if Tarks was carrying a knock, and so the management was keeping him back just in case. Anyway, I thought the youngster did very well, full credit to the academy for having him ready when required.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back