2024/25 Roman Dixon

….he’s raw, he’s not showing great quality in possession but he’s doing just fine and given the other options, I’d be selecting him for now. A terrific athlete, not lacking in attitude he’ll be making mistakes and probably need withdrawing at times but the lad has a chance.
Speaks to our situation. He needs a loan or two, but I like him and he is certainly more favorable for our current situation. Needs must really

Patterson is appalling.

His stock is at its peak when he's not available for games, at its lowest when he gets a game.

….he’s been very poor defensively. It’s weird how he either rushes into his opponent making him easy to pass or he’s yards away and allows the cross. Dyche and the coaches have quickly worked him out and I’m sure it’s a view supported by stats.

You rarely see him on his tiptoes closely ‘jockying’ his winger, watching the ball and not the man. He’s arguably better in possession than our other options but he’s not as great as folk suggest in the top third (although brilliant crosses for Danjuma last season and Dobbin in U21s).

What I will say is an extended period out can allow a player to reset if he has the right mindset (Carragher went from zero to hero after he broke a leg).

I doubt it’ll happen and I’m with Dave on this one but there’s still a great opportunity for Dixon and/or Patterson.

…ha, ha, you’re talking to the wrong person here. This is his great opportunity to be a top flight footballer, keep him here.
I meant that he is our best shot in the position now and he needs to stay. We don’t even have an actual starter at RB which is a shame because he could really use some experience on loan, but he may as well get thrown to the wolves since we have nobody and it’s a good opportunity to get some run here. He should definitely start and it’s a prime opportunity to prove himself

…ha, ha, you’re talking to the wrong person here. This is his great opportunity to be a top flight footballer, keep him here.
Agree. Loans can work well at the right time, I think Dixon has gone past that at the moment and he’s got three months before a loan can be considered anyway . We know that defensively he’s not PL ready, and he has the same weakness as Paterson, rapid getting forward , slower getting back to his defensive position. You would hope that our coaches are going to work harder on his weaknesses than a loan club where his weaknesses may not be as apparent in a lower league. Getting him game time is the biggest issue.

I dont despise him. I just seen him play and saw he was utterly 'kin garbage.
Players can't improve? Mykolenko was abysmal and looked league 2 level despite what some fans believe I think he's really progressed as a player with him becoming more defensively consistent and although still lacking , showing some better traits attacking maybe Patterson could follow his path or maybe not who knows but he hasn't even played in like 4 months

Nowhere near this level at the moment, maybe if he learns to defend he will have a chance, but needs to go and learn at a lower level.
Agree, I think a loan would be good. Think he's attacking ability from FB looks good, but looks like he dives into tackles too much/early. That being said, I would probably still prefer him at rb from the bench rather than garner, considering how out I'd position Jimmy was against villa (not his fault necessarily, just played out of position)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back