Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was overshadowed a bit by Kone's hattrick today but that was another good performance by Lukaku today, who seems to be coming more consistent this season.

He struggled at the Emirates against two excellent centre halfs, but what's that now, 6 from 11 in the league and a couple of goals at Barnsley too ?

Fantastic second half, after a first half that had me tearing my hair out after he fluffed simple pass after simple pass.

Once he's in gear and up for it he's unplayable.

He was overshadowed a bit by Kone's hattrick today but that was another good performance by Lukaku today, who seems to be coming more consistent this season.

He struggled at the Emirates against two excellent centre halfs, but what's that now, 6 from 11 in the league and a couple of goals at Barnsley too ?

He is fantastic.
Our best forward since Lineker and yet some still dont rate him.

Football eh..bloody hell.

Fantastic second half, after a first half that had me tearing my hair out after he fluffed simple pass after simple pass.

Once he's in gear and up for it he's unplayable.

Is that down to him though? Sometimes his first touch is dire! I just think once the team tempo ups, so does he.

His all round game has improved ten fold, he's starting to look like the 'complete striker' Martinez wants and thinks he can be. He was great today. Whats that 6 PL goals in 11 games? Cannot complain one bit.
Yeah he is getting better and i think he plays better with kone around him

Thought he was sound from minute 1 to when he came off. Gave the ball away a couple of times but not much, took his goal fantastically well and his assist is as good a cross as we are likely to see for many a year.

His hold up and link up play has really come on this season, really good bar 1 or 2 games

Yeah he's getting there slowly.
The stuff we've slagged him for - link up play when dropping deep, not using his strength, aerial play, even 1st touch - it's all improving.
How many times have you heard Blues say play to his strengths in the last year?
Sometimes with a young player of talent it may be worth playing to their weaknesses for a short while.

Is that down to him though? Sometimes his first touch is dire! I just think once the team tempo ups, so does he.
This on toast with mature cheddar. When we faff around with the ball, he's got very little to feed off. Up the tempo, and he's the real deal, as are most of his team mates. Bobby, tempo ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back