Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to think standing still, throwing his hand in the air and moaning at people is what football is.

Offload in January if a decent/stupid bid comes in.
Everton fans cant see past his goals though that's what pisses me off, again I repeat if he doesn't score he offers nothing.. Just seen a stat there that in 7 games against utd he has had 4 shots ... yes 4 shots in 7 games

I thought he was fine today. Didn't do enough in the penalty area, but he was working hard off the ball. We really need to stop using him as a target man, though, especially when we don't have anyone from midfield running past him.

I stopped counting at 20 with this. He controlled it about 20% of the time.

I get its not his fault as he has ping pong shins and we simply shouldn't be playing him that way, but he doesn't help himself either with his complete lack of movement and non-existent effort to be a team player. He's part of that unit, he's responsible for it being poor, but he just blames everyone else around him whilst standing still and doing nothing but losing the ball over and over and over again.

I counted maybe 1 or 2 times where you'd genuinely expect him to control the type of crap we were lobbing at him. He actually won a fair few flick ons, but he has two players "running off him" that end up not being within 20 yards of him when he wins a ball. Probably because there's only two runners to 5-7 United defenders and barely any space to take advantage of.

A Southampton fan on here mentioned when we hit this run that we'd see Koeman sacrifice the football to get results and stay in games, reducing focus on the final third. I think we're seeing that now.

I counted maybe 1 or 2 times where you'd genuinely expect him to control the type of crap we were lobbing at him. He actually won a fair few flick ons, but he has two players "running off him" that end up not being within 20 yards of him when he wins a ball. Probably because there's only two runners to 5-7 United defenders and barely any space to take advantage of.

A Southampton fan on here mentioned when we hit this run that we'd see Koeman sacrifice the football to get results and stay in games, reducing focus on the final third. I think we're seeing that now.

Oh definitely, the second ball was torrid all game. Bolasie the main culprit - has no footballing brain whatsoever.

Not playing to his strengths.

And that's fine and correct, but ultimately he's not doing anything to try and make it work. He's just standing still and sulking and putting no effort in.

We can bang on about service to him all day, but what's he doing to benefit his team mates around him?

Reactions: JLW
And that's fine and correct, but ultimately he's not doing anything to try and make it work. He's just standing still and sulking and putting no effort in.

We can bang on about service to him all day, but what's he doing to benefit his team mates around him?
This is my problem with him. He is not trying to make the best of the situation. Even if he struggles and the situation isn't ideal, I would like to see more of the basic things from him. At least you would be able to say he is doing everything he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back