Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lukaku is more ambitious about wanting to win trophies than earn money then I am fine with that.

What I am not fine with though is that he put in one of the worst Centre Forward displays I have ever seen against Man United last season, when had he managed to take even one of them or hit a penalty in the back of the net, we more than likely would be sitting here talking about going 1 year without a trophy rather than 2 generations!!!

Don't think it was all Roms fault mate, plus thats been and gone now

If Lukaku is more ambitious about wanting to win trophies than earn money then I am fine with that.

What I am not fine with though is that he put in one of the worst Centre Forward displays I have ever seen against Man United last season, when had he managed to take even one of them or hit a penalty in the back of the net, we more than likely would be sitting here talking about going 1 year without a trophy rather than 2 generations!!!

This^^^^^ he has to perform on that sort of game in order to win things

Yup, we'll sell him in the summer sign someone like Callum Wilson (who I like as a player by the way, as a second striker) for an inflated fee who will run around a lot and hold the ball up a lot better. He'll only score 11 goals over the season but people on here will give him 1/10th of the crap they give Lukaku who has scored more than half of our goals this season. We will then finish 8th and be told it is progress. There's my cheery prediction for 2017/18!

This exactly. There are some here who. Seem to rate goal scoring as one of the non essential traits of their perfect strikers.

"He costs the team goals"
e3ef8f4ee68f78e5e7f32239d4aeb077.png

Extraordinary statistic.

I knew the kid was our most important player, but I didn't know that he was involved in most of our goals.

How about our other playes score a few to help out

This might be our biggest problem. It's nice to want a keeper and a CB and such, but we really should bring in some midfielders who actually score 8-10 goals a season.

And please don't reply now with the "If we had a striker who could hold up the ball we would be playing better and more efficient football", because our midfielders have already proven enough times that they cannot score goals (even from a couple of meters distance) or they need too many chances to score.

This exactly. There are some here who. Seem to rate goal scoring as one of the non essential traits of their perfect strikers.
Surely running around like the Straq is the greatest quality you can have
Goal scoring is so last decade, the game has moved on...
We all need to move on

Reactions: DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back