Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the days on here when to offer any negative assessment about Stones' defensive qualities would have an attack pack of 40 or so posters on your back.

I wonder what they think now? :coffee:

Y'know, I don't think he was that bad yesterday.

Rom was excellent, and him and Kev worked really well together, especially since Ross and Davies were also bombing forward and offered good support.

But Stones was the best of an awful bunch as far City are concerned. Wasn't helped at all by his defensive teammates.

That being said, funny how the one time Stones actually tried to go 'row z' (something he was hugely criticised for and still is, for no real reason) it resulted in Coleman's block deflecting to Lookman haah

latest

Apparently he is the president of a motorcycle club as well.
Did you mean Tom Davies?

Coz this is the Lukaku thread.

Thought that was special performance yesterday, a target man held the ball well worked hard and a goal scorer , a very rare thing that.

Y'know, I don't think he was that bad yesterday.

Rom was excellent, and him and Kev worked really well together, especially since Ross and Davies were also bombing forward and offered good support.

But Stones was the best of an awful bunch as far City are concerned. Wasn't helped at all by his defensive teammates.

That being said, funny how the one time Stones actually tried to go 'row z' (something he was hugely criticised for and still is, for no real reason) it resulted in Coleman's block deflecting to Lookman haah
City are a shambles defensively. Otamendi is as bad as you get for a massive fee. Funes Mori must be carrying him when playing for Argentina.

Still, Stones is never a defender. Not in a million years. No amount of coaching is overcoming those mistakes he makes. He lacks the danger antennae that all truly great defenders naturally have. Baresi he aint...and never will be.

He can be a Carrick, however,

I have said the same he would be a good DM so he has security behind him.
He can never be a player that has no cover behind him.

He can screen a back four, he can intercept, he can put a challenge in, and he can play a forward pass. He is Carrick's most natural successor.

A few of us said he'd be better in midfield but most people disagreed despite the fact he's still making defensive blunders for City.
That underlines how many people just go along with hype and dont trust their own views on players....which relates to a debate I had on here in the last two days with posters who were adamant I was being an arrogant so and so for stating I dont defer to manager's and coaches views on players/tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back