Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it does is blow the theory out the water that we're being carried by him any more than other teams are being carried by their best players.
Yep, a convincing case can be made that Arsenal have far more riding on Sanchez since he is not only their top scorer but also their top assist maker as well.

And Rom looks a lot happier than Alexis does thankfully!

But the point of the OP who posted the link was that we dont rely on Lukaku's goals as much as we thought...because when all other top scorers are discounted we'll be ok!...that'll be ok then when the rule is passed!

Honest to God, I'm convinced people still want Lukaku gone from this club...when he does leave they'll soon see how wrong they've been to want him out.

Come on Dave. Everyone wants Lukaku to stay.

But after every win (recently) you come in to this thread basically calling us a one man team. I think it's perfectly fair to compare where the other teams would be without our their top striker and as you suggest what we'd do without ours. The stats say we'd be a couple of places higher.

Of course it's hypothetical, but so is your questioning of where we would be without him.

But I agree with you to a point, we'd be screwed without him, he's a brilliant player now, brilliant. He is completely irreplaceable. Even if we sold him for £200m we couldn't get a better individual.

I assume it doesn't allow for Costa's assists also.

The fact is the whole idea of talking about where we or they or whoever would be without a certain player is ridiculous. Fact is he is here as much as Ibrahimovic is currently at UTD and Costa is currently at Chelsea and so on.

*SHOCK HORROR* striker scores for club
And hope he gets that damn contract signed soon and stays for many more of these hypothetical arguments!

So you think we're better without Lukaku and wed be ok next season if he left?

That's not what was said.

You're having a pop at Koeman for relying on Lukaku, it's blatantly obvious.

People have pointed out that all teams rely on their leading strikers and that league table (whether ridiculous or not) proves how much teams rely on their leading scorers.

It's that simple. Everyone is in a good mood from an easy win with a great performance yet you have come on to try and pick holes with everything again, you can't go on about the performance so it's all snide digs

And hope he gets that damn contract signed soon and stays for many more of these hypothetical arguments!
I'd take a hypothetical argument each week if it meant he stayed. He's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Even today he played a massive part in all three goals.

Yep, a convincing case can be made that Arsenal have far more riding on Sanchez since he is not only their top scorer but also their top assist maker as well.

And Rom looks a lot happier than Alexis does thankfully!
And this is my thing here. He can break records here. He can get this team into the champions league. This team will always put him first, and the manager won't quit on him if he is going through a poor run of form. He can still leave in the summer window, but he is perfectly content at the moment. His teammates are always looking for him, and the system is designed to get him the ball as much as possible. Like he said in an interview, he was looking too far ahead when he was trying to force his way out. He is still very young and has plenty of time to make a move to a Bayern or a Real Madrid.

And this is my thing here. He can break records here. He can get this team into the champions league. This team will always put him first, and the manager won't quit on him if he is going through a poor run of form. He can still leave in the summer window, but he is perfectly content at the moment. His teammates are always looking for him, and the system is designed to get him the ball as much as possible. Like he said in an interview, he was looking too far ahead when he was trying to force his way out. He is still very young and has plenty of time to make a move to a Bayern or a Real Madrid.
Tbh I think that Villas Boas did us a huge favour, the year when he basically never played Lukaku seems to have made a big impression on Rom that he is utterly miserable without game time and then seeing the same writing in the wall with Mourinho think he'll be cautious about moving unless he is guaranteed a starting spot.

Also seeing how lack of regular minutes affected Bony who has a similar frame might have been instructive as well.

Late to this, but I thought the point was that we are no more reliant on a top striker than anyone else is.

Sort of makes sense to me.

Well, for a team whose next top scorer is on 4 that sounds counter-intuitive.

It's down to the Echo actually. The semi-literates who write for that and link stats from the industry didn't take the time out to explain that it was all down to goals scored that clinch games or some such nonsense.

The calculations that have gone into that are ridiculous. The notion that we're better off without Lukaku on any level is off the charts mad. Anyone who gave credit to that story have been duped by the Echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back