Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately, until he signs the deal or is sold we're going to have things like this every day from the media. Collymoore - who i normally don't mind - did an article about why Spurs should break the bank for him.... again total trash click bait but it gets recycled and becomes breaking news. The worst part of all these stories are they make out like little plucky Everton have absolutely no say in any of this. When Rom wants to move he'll move and we should just be thankful our top players are wanted by Sky's favorite clubs. Same with Ross.

In reality him signing a new contract offers no guarantee he’ll be here next season and had it not been for his agent and Jim White talking up how this was practically done I don’t think any of us would have been surprised if a new deal didn’t surface. This impending fume has been generated by the club for allowing the fan’s to believe this was much closer than it seems to be.

But that bit right there is the problem with Evertonians being gullible in believing various sources outside of the club, the player themself and our manager, just like they are now with this Kristof Terruer. Pretty much everyone outside of the club wants Lukaku to get his dream move to a 'bigger club' even if that is to a club that doesn't even play in the CL, like Man United. Even though Lukaku has stated that he wants to play CL football. The media and fans of other clubs are desperate for Everton to be kept where we have been for the past 25+ years which is not competing against any of the media darlings. We now have Moshiri behind us which is a big change to our situation.

The only people I would bother believing in any of this is Koeman, Lukaku and anyone high up at the club who would have a say in any new deal. The latest I heard from Koeman was that he didn't trust agents but he believed that a deal was close. So that is what I am going to believe. Not some no mark Belgian journalist desperate to big up the "big 6" and put little Everton down.

Tottenham to 'break the bank for him' are you for real?! No chance in hell they can afford him and they already have Harry Kane! Ffs this is a joke.

It was 99.9 percent done just before Xmas.

He has been tapped up, that's why he hasn't signed in my humble view.

If Mino Railoa said it was raining outside, I'd goto the window and check.

He said it was 99.9% done back in December. Seems to be a play by him to create some pressure and get us to cave into his demands.

You all believed the agent and then thought the Sky Sports News day at Finch Farm the next day it was going to be announced.

Agents will say one thing to the media but will be doing something different behind the scenes.

We also would not announce Rom's new contract to just sky, local media, BBC and papers would be in attendance.

Seriously, some of you people need to get a grip on reality. The latest one people have put 2 + 2 together and got 87 is that Peel is going to announce our new stadium in Cannes at a real estate conference.

You couldn't make it up.

BAWK.

The monday morning fume has kicked off then.:) I can just imagine the rage when he finally leaves and says 'oh by the way every goal i scored i was thinking bout Chelsea!'

...Or am I just thinking back to the painful memories from my last break up...? :p

I still think he will be here next season, we are back in Europe now. Win the Europa league next season, CL the season afterwards. Easy.

He's off lads, he's always been leaving, why would he want to stay here when we've barely made Europe because of fortuitous cup ties.

Who wants to start their season in June?

I don't blame him and only wish for greater things for him.

It's a shame most of you will see him as some sort of Judas figure and laugh and take glee from any of his future errors, just like you all do with John Stones.

Look at who his current agent manages. One of his big star players is leaving their current club to play in the MLS, that club will require a replacement and they have something we want.

Money plus player deal.

You all believed the agent and then thought the Sky Sports News day at Finch Farm the next day it was going to be announced.

Agents will say one thing to the media but will be doing something different behind the scenes.

We also would not announce Rom's new contract to just sky, local media, BBC and papers would be in attendance.

Seriously, some of you people need to get a grip on reality. The latest one people have put 2 + 2 together and got 87 is that Peel is going to announce our new stadium in Cannes at a real estate conference.

You couldn't make it up.

BAWK.

What's with the number 87 lately, Moomin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back