Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it difficult not to trust this man if I'm honest, seems perfectly legit.

388976BF00000578-3795534-image-a-80_1474230430457.jpg

I would imagine if it's true his agent has contacted press to have this released

Could have waited a week for international duty to save the poor atmosphere on Saturday.

It's a shame but something we knew would happen eventually.
We won the league th season after losing Lineker so let's not start slittinf our wrists on here yet

At the end of the day, he has 2 years left. Champions league is still possible this season, Europe league very possible. If we get champs league, he will be happy. If not and we keep improving at rate we have this season, top 4 is more than possible next season.
Him signing doesn't change a lot. Refuse to sell him this summer and don't offer him anything else. If he wants to move, he has to play and play well next season and could result in us getting champs league. If he does a payet then he is a snake and just treat him like niasse got treated. Yeah, selling him will give us a big lump sum, but him firing us into champs league has longer term financial benefits. Just don't sell him and make him play another season and then see where we are. If he still wants to go, then sell him. But the 2 years he has left is vital as we can still get a year out of him where he has to perform to get a move to a top club.

If all else fails, [Poor language removed] him, we will have niasse :p

For us to even stand a chance of getting a CL place (which I definitely don't think will happen), we'd have to get 9 points from our next 3 games. I predict 4 at best, realistically 1.

Next season we can hope to push towards it.

People can hardly be surprised by this. He's had ambition and the tools to back it up. We've still not shown any robust and genuine ambition to match his.

I'm angry about it all but it's not aimed at Lukaku as he's given us ample opportunity to support him.

Oh boy. Are you kidding?

Lukaku - 26% of all our goals scored in four seasons.
Koeman has a better record with strikers than previous management. I don't want him to just go for a workhorse though.

This is horrific news re: Lukaku- him and Barkley are our shining lights. Moshiri really, really needs to put up this Summer, if Rom goes.

It's all very well saying we should get 70m for him. How on earth are way to going to replace him? Any striker we go after, clubs are going to realise we have a shed load of money and therefore we are going to have to pay well over the odds to replace him with a striker who isn't his equal. Bad news, but even worse bad timing this could derail the run in and recent momentum gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back