Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at McNulty and O'Connor
It's just over release clause dates. It ls the end for Rom here...and I say that as someone who backs him 100% and hopes he does stay for another 4 years.

It's over. Best to release him for a good wedge and crack on now.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the total meltdown on GOT, but can't help but feel there is a long way to go in this.... The fact BBC say he turned down 140K a week and Sky are saying 100K leads me to believe it's not more than speculation at this point.... Do hope we support him this weekend, I honestly fully expect him to be an Everton player next season and see where Koeman takes us, if we don't make CL next year, it's hard to begrudge him for leaving

Nicely put.
Lets not turn this into an ugly parting of the ways, we reckon we are better than that.
As you say, lets just hope the scouts, one of which we creamed ourselves over when he came to us can do the bizzo.
We will surely have the coin to attract some half decent players.

Correct.

There will be some idiots who boo him for the rest of the season. This is why we don't deserve anything nice.

Batshuayi is a technically proficient player, no bouncy shins. Very good finisher. I was impressed with his time in Marseilles, because 23 goals in a very average team is no easy feat. He was isolated a lot of the time. Good long range shot, free kicks...

The downside is: he's a selfish player. He sometimes refuses to give obvious assists. Offside, there are matches that he's always offside.

He has a colourful personality. Very big fan of Sponge Bob, Dragon Ball Z and twitter. I also remember that he was sent home from the Belgian national team (U 21) when he was around the age of 18 because he had invited some call girls into his room.

He should never have gone to Chelsea. I hope he goes to a team where he can play.

I've never actually seen him play, so my comments are 3rd hand. I know he's got a good record and it seemed a poor decision to go Chelsea while costa was there

Maybe worth a punt then

Gonna miss this lad. Great goal scoring record. Prib wont go down as a fan favourite due to his likeness for stirring up transfer stories every month
Will be interesting how long it will take for the boos to ring out if rom isnt putting in 100%. This could back fire on him yet. Not that he cares at this stage.

..I have to say it amuses me when players say they want to sign for a Champions League club. I don't truly understand the definition of a 'Champions League club'. Teams in weaker leagues qualify season in, season out. Odd as it sounds, Celtic are a Champions League club.

Man Utd haven't qualified this season, Chelsea didn't qualify last season. Spurs are a bit in and out, Arsenal are regulars but never threaten to win it. Not sure what Lukaku wants. PSG will qualify every season, I went to Paris and watched one of their games in October and it was ordinary. Not sure if playing for PSG in an ordinary league and play 6 games or so every season in the Champions League is fantastic for your career.

If you want to play Champions League then surely that means a team who qualify every season who also have a genuine chance of winning it. If that's the definition, those teams are few and far between.
Unless he is gonna sign for Barca, Real, Atletico, Juve or Bayern there's really no team that is capable of challenging every year for winning the champions league in recent years and I don't think he's getting in any of those teams. Completely agree Eggs.

Such is life.

So it doesn't matter if he "wants to play Champions League" next season. It isn't up to him.

Flog him to BATE Borisov if he wants it so much.

I even said that to my colleagues earlier.

Why do you hear the constant moaning about needing CL football yet none of them want to sign for BATE Borisov or FC Kopenhagen.

Not being able to offer Champions League is reluctantly reason enough, this was happening this summer or possibly next.
However, the 99.9% contract signed bullshit followed by the timing of this story / leak is horrific. Is waiting until the season is over to thrash this out too much to ask?
Ultimately, his agent is a [Poor language removed] who is extremely good at what he does, just hate the club having the piss taken out of it.
Gutted he's off, but we'll get a large fee which is hopefully reinvested wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back