Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I do love the total meltdown on GOT, but can't help but feel there is a long way to go in this.... The fact BBC say he turned down 140K a week and Sky are saying 100K leads me to believe it's not more than speculation at this point.... Do hope we support him this weekend, I honestly fully expect him to be an Everton player next season and see where Koeman takes us, if we don't make CL next year, it's hard to begrudge him for leaving
Can you imagine him staying here now with everyone knowing he stayed on to give us a chance of getting him a CL spot before he got off next summer?

That's basically where the mentality would be - what the understanding would be. It'd be intolerable. The first sign of poor form and he'd be hounded by disgruntled fans...and he has a lot of detractors who love to run him down as today underlines.

..I have to say it amuses me when players say they want to sign for a Champions League club. I don't truly understand the definition of a 'Champions League club'. Teams in weaker leagues qualify season in, season out. Odd as it sounds, Celtic are a Champions League club.

Man Utd haven't qualified this season, Chelsea didn't qualify last season. Spurs are a bit in and out, Arsenal are regulars but never threaten to win it. Not sure what Lukaku wants. PSG will qualify every season, I went to Paris and watched one of their games in October and it was ordinary. Not sure if playing for PSG in an ordinary league and play 6 games or so every season in the Champions League is fantastic for your career.

If you want to play Champions League then surely that means a team who qualify every season who also have a genuine chance of winning it. If that's the definition, those teams are few and far between.

Bewildered me for years too mate.

We all know the PL and CL elite clubs. Thats what any player means.

And in terms of CL Elite, quite a few of those domestic giants, for me, dont cut the mustard.

Lukaku is easily worth £100m he guarantees goals. I'm not sure what figure it's been reported that him and his agent wanted in the contract, but if it's anything less than that, Everton would be basically agreeing to his sake before a buyer was sounded out.

This is a terrible terrible bit of news for Evertonians.
I'm not suggesting he would, but it's quite possible another club won't offer the same as we did because he may not be as important to them and it may have a domino effect on their wage bill.

Regardless of that, it's always been quite clear that lukaku is a driven, ambitious footballer. I can't really find it in my heart to call a player all sorts if they move to a club where they can play on the big stage and win stuff rather than finish mid table with us. But then I'm a fairly rational human being and not just a hateful, rabid, one eyed football fan.

Then when barmby moved to those lot you'd have understood completely then ?

SORRY mate, but the day I start thinking of footy in purely logical, and what's best for the player terms is the day I give it up. It should be about a whole lot more than just that.

Lids heres a sign for you, Roms just requested a transfer in career mode and the board have the left the decision up to me, the little bint is staying :p
The board sold him to Spurs on my one and he refused to come back even for 500k a week

Sadly it was only a matter of time until this moment came, I never really felt that he was 'our' player. Hopefully we get a good fee for him and move on stronger.

I don't begrudge him a move at the right price.

I do take exception to him and his agent kicking off in mid March when we are on the up and chasing Europe. If you want to move then shut up and ask Ronald in May for your move. Don't play games and take the club for a ride. Do your business in private and have some respect.

Everton and the board should have learnt from past experiences with players and managers that this had a very good chance of happening and should have ensured that all talks were kept private. If rom had ever intended in staying his agent would have stayed quite. The 99.999% waffle would be the first sign he wanted out

Can you imagine him staying here now with everyone knowing he stayed on to give us a chance of getting him a CL spot before he got off next summer?

That's basically where the mentality would be - what the understanding would be. It'd be intolerable. The first sign of poor form and he'd be hounded by disgruntled fans...and he has a lot of detractors who love to run him down as today underlines.

How is that different to us signing a player from league one to give them there chance in the Prem?

Football is a ladder. Go up and down. I think your totally over analysing a very simple solution for your own needs.

Then when barmby moved to those lot you'd have understood completely then ?

SORRY mate, but the day I start thinking of footy in purely logical, and what's best for the player terms is the day I give it up. It should be about a whole lot more than just that.
What's this to do with what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back