Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bewildered me for years too mate.

We all know the PL and CL elite clubs. Thats what any player means.

And in terms of CL Elite, quite a few of those domestic giants, for me, dont cut the mustard.

...yep, it's a throwaway expression that everybody seems to accept but I would ask Lukaku to explain exactly what he means. He has mentioned Suarez but I'm not sure Barcelona would want him. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern perhaps. I'm just not sure what he's after.

Don't think he has done anything wrong. If he doesn't want to sign a contract then so be it. Nobody is bigger than the club no matter how many goals they score. His record has been impressive but let's be honest if scouting a replacement hasn't been on the clubs agenda since last summer then they are sleeping on the job.

The timing is great. He has put himself in the shop window for the last few months of the season. Let's enjoy all the goals he now needs to score.

Time for Koeman to show some leadership to the fans. Rom needs serious talking up and his desire to play CL football needs to be affirmed. He needs his head in the right place against Hull, the [Poor language removed], and Utd. Fact is that we need him for the run-in and a bunch of bells booing him isn't going to change anything about this contract. But it might dry up his performances.

There is always better things around the corner.

You won't catch me crying into my weetabix if he leaves.

He is good but replaceable.

Spot on. There's better players out there than every single one of our first team, and Lukaku is no different. Really don't get this "he's irreplaceable" nonsense. For that to be true he would need to be the Worlds best striker.

...yep, it's a throwaway expression that everybody seems to accept but I would ask Lukaku to explain exactly what he means. He has mentioned Suarez but I'm not sure Barcelona would want him. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern perhaps. I'm just not sure what he's after.

The chance to win things and play CL football, Don't see whats hard to grasp

Why is anyone surprised? But I'm all good with it, the boy wants top honors which we can't give. For the work he has done for us and the huge pay out by the buying club we can't ask for more

I pray PSG come in for him in June and Rom wants to sign for them. They will pay top dollar with no messing about.

I just don't want it to run and run all summer long with Everton refusing to spend a single penny until it's done. This is exactly what would happen with Bill at the helm so in a way it will be a good indicator to see how much influence he still has. Literally derailing the first 1/4 of the season for an extra 2mil.

I don't hold anything against Rom. He's given us 4 season which is a lot for a foreign player with no connections to Everton before he signed. Good player and I wish him well. If he signs for a euro club I'll still be able to watch him and like him. If I was in his situation I'd probably do the same.

His agent on the other hand... what a pr1ck! Still, he's done the best for him and his player which is his job I suppose. Looks like EFC and Moshiri have been royally mugged off again by someone at the top of the footballer ladder.

This has been a difficult first year for loveable old Farhad. Hopefully he's currently putting in a phone call to some "bad dudes" he knows in Russia who will pay Raola a little visit and politely remind him that further attempts to mug off Everton will not be taken as lightly next time.

Spot on. There's better players out there than every single one of our first team, and Lukaku is no different. Really don't get this "he's irreplaceable" nonsense. For that to be true he would need to be the Worlds best striker.

Nope

For that to be true would mean he's the best striker we could/can attract

Bottom line, with this today a Rubicon has been crossed with fans and things dont back together again.

Easily fixed Dave. It involves him apologising and a statement upon his new contract extension along the lines of:

"The initial deal was refused on the basis that he wanted assurances on the clubs progress. After sitting down with Koeman, Walsh and the owners, he's now confident in the direction with which the club is progressing and is looking forward to the new Premier League season and a shot at Champions League qualification."

We get another season and one last chance to get him what he wants whilst bumping up his wedge to keep him and his agent quiet. We don't qualify and then he goes. We qualify and he stays and has a go with us and then we reassess.

Simple, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back