Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are people on here acting like there are plenty more strikers out there for us to get. Are you mental?! Lukaku may not be as good as he thinks he is, but he is a far better player than a club of our (current) level should have.

We cannot compete with the teams above us. We cannot match their wages or their prestige, or their allure. Ask yourselves (without the blue-tinted spectacles on) which 20 goal + a season striker will come to Everton? Walsh will sign us an Andre Gray or Jamie Vardy type, who the vast majority of our fans will love because he runs around a bit.

Like him or loathe him as a man/professional, but we cannot, nor are we ever likely to attract a goalscorer like him to our club again unless we get a City/Chelsea style buy-out. Yes we are being run more professionally now, but we simply cannot compete with those teams above us without investment far beyond that provided by Moshiri.

With a good manager like Koeman, Lukaku will be replaced with a solid, cheap option who will help us consolidate 7th place next season and crash out the cups. If Koeman is unhappy with the club over this situation, and we lose him over the nect year or so, then it could be even worse. Dark days indeed.

Bet we get a past in Rooney for too much money as well as Bill runs through the classic Everton playbook for pampering over the cracks!

What if.
He sits down and says sorry Evertonians, I have to leave Goodison Park.
Then pyro and lappies appear in a cloud of beak, then he announces he's going to Bramley-Moore Stadium

That would be so cool. What if we take this further:

Sits in front of the camera, smoke effect
'I want Champions League
I want to leave goodison
i want to play with the best team in Europe
I want to be the best in the world
I want this at Everton...

Then all your stuff

The later it gets with no announcement the stupider my brain is going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back