Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Romelu.
Said exactly how we should all feel. The Board have failed in two transfer windows.
If Moshiri has the money, spend it.

I don't see him leaving if that is everything?

He's spot on to be fair. If we had signed better quality players in the summer we would likely be right in the mix for a champions league spot about now. The club need to make it clear to him what the on the pitch plan is. We need to have our transfer targets lined up before the window and get them in early doors and we need a really strong finish to the season. That is the only chance we have of keeping him beyond this season imo.

I'm quite pleased with what he's said, no mention of a transfer request, said he's focused on the next 10 games so he's right. Everyone needs to play the next 10 games like 10 finals. This is a massive 6 months for efc.

Don't really have an issue with most of what he says to be honest. But...

My big issue is why now in the press? We're playing well, on a great run and confidence for both players and fans is as high as it has been for a few years. He himself admits it took time to adapt to Koeman but he bought into his vision and we are now hopefully seeing the evidence of this. Why rock the boat now?

He said Kompany described all the signings when City got taken over, but it took them 2 years to get up in contention!

Apart from that it was a good interview - the fume is off as far as I am concerned. I think Dave Prentice misled us earlier today.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

But he must know that the City thing was a one off and would never happen again

FIFA fair play would have stopped City now.
Back then they could spend endlessly.

I actually think what Rom has said is what we all have through the season and transfer windows.

A big summer spend and try and hold him till January perhaps?

At no point in that article has he said he is going to leave, he's just stating he has desires and goals to win things and at the moment that isn't happening.

How can you expect players to sign 5 year contracts if they don't know what the plan is?! Especially when the player is one of the best in the league. lol lol

He contradicts himself though - he alludes that Koeman told him good things in the Summer and that he knows what players we were after.....yet he knows nowt?
The math doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back