Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's too late for that sadly.

Enjoy him while you can. He'll be playing in the CL next season. He simply cant wait to see if we can get top four next season. It's unfair to expect him too, I suppose.

As said though: the best signing of the last 30 years. He has showered us in goals and we'll get about £70M for him.

He carries this football club.

Give over Dave. No player will ever carry this Club. I like your posts, buts that's just rubbish mate.

Can't agree, any time you play one upfront there will always be high percentage going to one player. Utd have the same problem and they have one or two other decent players in their team. We are not Sunderland.

He helps no doubt but you can't say for sure what would happen with someone else up top with this team.
I'd place the chances of us getting CL next season without Lukaku at about 5%. With him 40-50%.

He's contracted, and I think he really hasn't decided he's definitely going. It's about getting the very best deal money-wise and a clause that gives him the opportunity to talk to potential suitors.
We hold the contract, and ultimately the nap card. If Pogba is £89M worth of player then I can't find a single argument to support Rom not being more expensive. How many points will Pogba win a team each season....compare that to Lukaku?
Points win prizes. In current goalscoring form he's got to be in the £100M bracket given the precedent set by the Pogba deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back