Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that we are too reliant on the current top goal scorer in the league is daft.

He's the first player to score more than 20 goals in the league for us since lineker.

Btw,

Everton goals scored 1927/28 - 102
Dixie dean goals scored - 60

No idea re assists but we were deffo 'more reliant' on Dixie dean.

Can't see that being a bad thing like.
It;s not a problem if you retain him. That;s the point though: we aren't retaining him.

Honest to God, when people realise that next season we'll be relying on some streak of piss from the Dutch league to get us into the CL spots they'll start to realise what an utter colossus Lukaku has been.

Give over Dave. No player will ever carry this Club. I like your posts, buts that's just rubbish mate.
Mate, take his massive contribution out in all the time he's been here and then factor in a replacement who'll at best get 2/3rds the goals he has and the effect will be catastrophic.

If he leaves, which is almost certain, we'll need about 3 midfielders to chip in with 7/8 goals each.

It;s not a problem if you retain him. That;s the point though: we aren't retaining him.

Honest to God, when people realise that next season we'll be relying on some streak of piss from the Dutch league to get us into the CL spots they'll start to realise what an utter colossus Lukaku has been.
He'll be here next season.

Just seen that, him and Rio talking total nonsense, Rio was like o yeah he will go...etc as in needs to get out of that place, you could tellhe was ready to try an say he should go to United until Keown stepped in and shut him up saying he wont go to United or Liverpool, they cant wait to get him out of the club

Mate, take his massive contribution out in all the time he's been here and then factor in a replacement who'll at best get 2/3rds the goals he has and the effect will be catastrophic.

If he leaves, which is almost certain, we'll need about 3 midfielders to chip in with 7/8 goals each.

Why does everyone assume he can't be replaced? Personally, I doubt he'll be gone this close season. However, there are plenty of options to replace him....some established already some not so. The difficulty is that for some reason we seem to think the replacement has to be the real deal already.....for me that's not the case. There's always the 'next big thing' just around the corner. Mbappe has announced himself this season, Martial did it a few seasons ago, Dembele is scoring for fun admittedly in an inferior league.

I think we should tell him he's staying until the end of next season. Announce it publicly, make it clear, he doesn't get sold in the summer for any price.
We need another year out of him.

Last game of his loan? I know what you mean now! Gave away his boots too.

They all gave away everything that day. Think Rom barely got away with his shorts and socks.
Yep I was there, Hull fans were chanting "Last time he'll play for you!" while he done it, as we only had him on loan then. So it's quite ironic that he's still scoring goals for us against them :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back