Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some beaut on some jarg American stream I was watching today suggested he wasn't better than

1. kane
2. costa
3. Aguero
4. Sanchez

For Kane, he says Rom hadn't scored against any of the " big four" in years.

Pretty sure this is utter Bollocks but haven't checked yet. I LOLd at the comparison btw

They are real top players tbh. I'm not sure he is better than any. He's up there with the best as a goalscorer though.

I'll help you with those stats mate as I've been in my shed and found my "Roms goals against the so called big boys"

Scored against Spurs away last week
Scored a double against Chelsea last season in the cup
Bagged a beauty against City away this season
Has plumped 3 against the rs in between taking a dump
Scored a wowzer against the Arse

kill the stream mate, kill it softly and slowly.
Scored against City home too

MOTD coming up, wonder who the panel of experts will say Lukaku should go to, usual drill, yeah he is too good for Everton...etc Reckon Lineker will say Spurs or Liverpool

Starting to show glimpses of a player moving up a level in terms of performance. He looked like he was playing 2nd gear for most of the game but has that ability to just turn it on in an instance. Whether standing up defenders and moving past with ease ore that quality assist to Valencia, I'd never been quite sure on what potential he has but now firmly believe he could go on to be one of the best in the game. I just hope to god we get to see him a little longer in Everton blue.

Some beaut on some jarg American stream I was watching today suggested he wasn't better than

1. kane
2. costa
3. Aguero
4. Sanchez

Pretty sure this is utter Bollocks but haven't checked yet. I LOLd at the comparison btw

Scored against Man City when we beat them 4-0 back in January, scored against City in the 1-1 draw at the Etihad (both in the league) scored against City in the league cup as well. Scored 2 against Chelsea in the fa cup, those of the top of my head.

Last edited:

1. kane
2. costa
3. Aguero
4. Sanchez

There's only Kane on that list who may be ahead of him but we're talking the difference of a ciggy paper here.

I know. It was a terrible waste. Improvement s have been made, but the fact is we rely overwhelmingly on this lad to do anything as an attacking force. 55% of all our goals coming from his assists and goals.

This is a high stat, but the other teams around us aren't a great deal different - 48% of Arsenal's goals come from Sanchez's assists/goals, 48% of Utd's goals from Ibrahimovic.

Granted, they're slightly less reliant on their star strikers than we are, but not a great deal less.

The question is, if we do sell Lukaku, are we able to attract and secure a replacement capable of filling the gap?

Has this been shown anywhere on GOT?

Capture.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back