Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep him everton. We need to get in the champions league and shut nitwits like le saux up. Let's get back to where we belong and be done with all this "he'll go to a big team" bollocks. We need to beat the rs in two weeks, that's a message of progress in itself.

WRD:

From what I understand the Lukaku wanting to leave stories are swearword, as long as we match his ambition then he will sign a new contract.

Elstone told all the press just before the racism event that Lukaku is very close to signing the contract. They held the press conference to chat to him and a sun reporter (phil somebody or other) asked the question straight off, "The CEO says that you are close to signing a contract". Lukaku says no. Press officer pulls Lukaku away for 5 mins.

Continues and the other questions are asked. All the national papers then ran with Lukaku wants to leave.

At no stage did Lukaku say he wanted to leave, just that he wasn't signing the current contract.

It's obviously not definite that he will sign, but personally I am positive he will sign provided the board agree to the right contract for him.

Everyone is saying like £60/70m but he's a striker and they're always priced higher. Can honestly see us quoting a world record fee to any suitors.

Aye, which is why I said 'our price.' Don't think we'd take less than 75, genuinely.

I'm of the opinion that Lukaku will only sign a contract that had a release fee that he knows someone will meet this Summer. But I trust WRD so that is interesting. When was that WRD post taken from?

Depending on how you look at it, with a release clause he's more likely to get his move. Clubs like to have a set price when the fee is extremely high, that way it doesn't get messy for the buyer.

It's the unknown that has people on edge. Where? When? How much for? Will he sign?I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it was 'United, 75 million this summer' or 'PSG, 70 million next Summer'. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, or he makes his mind up soon.

Depending on how you look at it, with a release clause he's more likely to get his move. Clubs like to have a set price when the fee is extremely high, that way it doesn't get messy for the buyer.

It's the unknown that has people on edge. Where? When? How much for? Will he sign?I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it was 'United, 75 million this summer' or 'PSG, 70 million next Summer'. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, or he makes his mind up soon.
I've said all along, the release fee is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back