Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind he's just saying he isn't signing a new contract. At no point during this fiasco has he actually said he wants to leave - the media are peddling that story.

I reckon he'll sign it with minimum fuss if we qualify for the CL.

Good God, and this was only up to page 50.

Yes, it's slow at work.

I don't know why people are so convinced that he's destined for bigger and better things.

Everton is a great fit for him. The gaping holes in his game wouldn't be excused at a top end club.

It's now been over 2 seasons into his Everton career and I STILL can't work out if he's gash or brilliant. The man is a myth.

Typical Lukaku performance. Except today he didn't score a goal to disguise it.

Aye, but I was kind of hoping he'd become that player before he left us. As it stands, he could still well go to another team fuelled by his hype alone, as opposed to being snapped up off the back of a career-defining season that we benefitted from.

You see I disagree with this, 1 of the best goal scorers maybe, but somebody with trampoline shins like his could never be classed as a good striker.

I still preffered Yakubu personally.

And AJ was boss.

Preferred Yakubu, myself.

Yak before his injury was a better player imo

Well that's down to management. As said above, he knows he is playing each week and can just stroll around doing whatever.

There is no urgency, no drive, nothing. When you do see it, it's every other game. Once in 5 games, 4 games if I'm being generous. For 28m that's a poor return. I expect better from our record signing.

A couple of goals here and there shouldn't sway you into believing he is class, he's not.

Beast? Fella is a spoofer mate

When he stops getting an easy ride from Evertonians. The laughable thing is when he jets off to next summers Euro's they'll be a meltdown on here when he gives his first interview to the Belgian media saying how he has outgrown the club and wants to move on to win things. Be interesting to see who defends his performances and lack of goals then.

So once in 5 player.

I don't think he is ever going to be the 20+ league goal striker we thought he would be.

He has too many games like this and is extremely inconsistent.

His consistency won't improve until his place in the team is under threat. He turns up each week knowing he will be selected regardless of the previous performance. Of course that's not his fault but surely that must play a factor. Lukaku said himself that being dropped last season ( around December I think) motivated him to kick on, gave him a kick up the hoop. Same pattern again, doing a bare minimum and showing up when he can be arsed.

He was played in 3 times yesterday, 2 of those chances were bread and butter chances. 2 points dropped yesterday. If Howard gets lambasted for costing us points, Lukaku can. It's not like we played poorly and bored out a 0-0... we dominated for the most part and the finishing let us down.

Good God, and this was only up to page 50.

Yes, it's slow at work.

1*GRyAN4Ka4c5xHnj6ckYh5w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back