Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he goes ( I think its 50/50 at the moment ) it has to be at the Full Top End market value.
Pogba went for circa £89 mil , so that has to be bottom line.
Get real blues , some on here were "comfortable" with Stones leaving fo £20/30 mil not so long ago.
Wether we like it or not this is the market we are in now , same goes if anyone wants Barkley, Gana or Tom Davies and possibly Lookman in the future.
Long gone are the days when we had players like Marcus Bent , Mark Pembridge & Kevin Kilbane that no top sides wanted.
As I said its Top End if you want the likes of Rom.

Love it if he stayed up to the World Cup mind.

My heart says he'll stay, the club will convince him we are on the up and he'll be a key part of us winning titles again for many years, my head says he's already left and regardless of what we do he'll be gone in the summer. Sadly I fear my head is right on this one.
Unless he's signing a new deal and committing long term to this 'new' Everton then I'd rather not hear anything more about this contract situation. Just let him play and score goals till the summer and then what happens happens. Unless he's telling the world he's happy and staying he should just stay quiet and play football because its boring seeing the papers constantly twist his words and selling him every couple of days.

one thing that might make all of us that Everton are going to be a big team, would be a league away win against Liverpool,Arsenal or Chelsea (that hasn't happened since Walter smiths days in charge, and in all that time only one league away win against United (oh and Moyes was in charge of them then. That record is awful and Lukaku has played in a fair few in recent years, so if he thinks he's that big player get us the goals to record a well over due away win against the big boys.

I think he is staying! It was his comment about people misinterpreting his ambition? Its like he was saying " me always going on about CL football doesnt equate to me wanting to bail out of Everton". That may be seen as hopelessly optimistic, but i have a feeling in me gonads about this! ;)

Think he will sign but it won't mean he will stay next year. He will probably double his wage in the meantime so he is not going to run his current contract down now on half the pay he could be getting.

I watched the second half of the game last night and I liked what I saw. The first thing I liked was the obvious improvement in Rom's all round game. That sounds daft as he had very few touches of the ball. But he was totally isolated at times and the service into him was incredibly poor. He was also extremely well marshalled by two very good central defenders (how good is Manolas by the way?). But on the very few occasions Belgium managed to get service to him, I thought he did really well. Great hold up play created two good chances for colleagues, he scored a wonderful goal, and nearly grabbed a winner minutes later. Believe me, a very poor Belgium side have a lot to thank Rom for after last night's game.

The second thing I liked about the game (from an Everton holding onto Rom POV) was how Belgium set up last night . I think Rom's a very intelligent lad and understands that he isn't a complete forward, not yet anyway. He knows that a team needs to set up and play a certain way to get the best out of him. Everton, under RK, do that. Belgium have better players available to them than Everton have. At club level, he also plays against better players than were on show last night for Greece, Manolas excepted. But for probably 80 minutes last night he was essentially a spectator. I'm hoping Rom will recognise this, see his shortfalls that still need improving, and appreciate that whilst he's still developing his game, it's important to be given the platform to allow that. I don't think he'll be given that platform at an elite club.

I do think it's inevitable that we will lose Rom at some stage. If RM, Barca, Bayern etc come calling it will be impossible to hold onto him. But I've no idea if that will be this summer or in 1 or 2 years time. I do believe it would be in Rom's interest to continue his development here for at least another season, and that could benefit us too as it would help us attract better players in the transfer window to move us up to the next level. I hope he signs a new contract in the process but I, like everybody else at the moment, haven't got a clue what he'll do. If he does, it will be a great fillip for us after the sadness surrounding Seamus' injury.

I hope he'll stay but, if he doesn't, we'll receive a big fee for him and there are future Rom's out there. We just need to send the money wisely. Either way I sense good times ahead for us.;)

I remember Royle saying the reason he loved Rideout was because he was scoring goals consistently. Not 3 one game and none for the next 5 ( a lot like Cottee did for us who had long runs without scoring ). That's what Rom has been doing, scoring ones, two, 3 and even 4 but every time he's on the pitch he looks like he can score.

Need him at the very top of his game next few games mate but if he is we can go to their crap hole and the mancs and be confident.

For what it's worth I think it's Chelsea who have sounded him out, it's the club he supported, his hero played for them and he never got a chance to show what he can do. For him that will be unfinished business. Bloody hell I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be saying an Everton player would think moving to Chelsea would be an upgrade lol

Aye, pretty much spot on assessment that mate.

Think Chelsea myself, United rumours are pure unadulterated click bait. My opinion, give us one more season, and will leave with not a bad word said about him, genuinely feel that we still have a chance of top four this,season, and certainly one next if he stays.

I watched the second half of the game last night and I liked what I saw. The first thing I liked was the obvious improvement in Rom's all round game. That sounds daft as he had very few touches of the ball. But he was totally isolated at times and the service into him was incredibly poor. He was also extremely well marshalled by two very good central defenders (how good is Manolas by the way?). But on the very few occasions Belgium managed to get service to him, I thought he did really well. Great hold up play created two good chances for colleagues, he scored a wonderful goal, and nearly grabbed a winner minutes later. Believe me, a very poor Belgium side have a lot to thank Rom for after last night's game.

The second thing I liked about the game (from an Everton holding onto Rom POV) was how Belgium set up last night . I think Rom's a very intelligent lad and understands that he isn't a complete forward, not yet anyway. He knows that a team needs to set up and play a certain way to get the best out of him. Everton, under RK, do that. Belgium have better players available to them than Everton have. At club level, he also plays against better players than were on show last night for Greece, Manolas excepted. But for probably 80 minutes last night he was essentially a spectator. I'm hoping Rom will recognise this, see his shortfalls that still need improving, and appreciate that whilst he's still developing his game, it's important to be given the platform to allow that. I don't think he'll be given that platform at an elite club.

I do think it's inevitable that we will lose Rom at some stage. If RM, Barca, Bayern etc come calling it will be impossible to hold onto him. But I've no idea if that will be this summer or in 1 or 2 years time. I do believe it would be in Rom's interest to continue his development here for at least another season, and that could benefit us too as it would help us attract better players in the transfer window to move us up to the next level. I hope he signs a new contract in the process but I, like everybody else at the moment, haven't got a clue what he'll do. If he does, it will be a great fillip for us after the sadness surrounding Seamus' injury.

I hope he'll stay but, if he doesn't, we'll receive a big fee for him and there are future Rom's out there. We just need to send the money wisely. Either way I sense good times ahead for us.;)

Show Lukaku the club have ambition...go and sign Manolas.

Lukaku was largely a spectator because if that diabolical Martinez system and style of play. He had no one near him amd the speed of play was hilariously bad. He scored his first sniff of a chance.

Aye, pretty much spot on assessment that mate.

Think Chelsea myself, United rumours are pure unadulterated click bait. My opinion, give us one more season, and will leave with not a bad word said about him, genuinely feel that we still have a chance of top four this,season, and certainly one next if he stays.

we are the absolute outsiders for the top 4 which isn't actually a bad thing. We've been stuck in 7th for so long that we've been pretty much ignored up until last week when we moved ahead of utd for 24 hours and that's made people realise we are a little closer than we've been given credit for.

We must go to the pit though and get a result. A win and a draw absolute minimum to challenge for the top 4. I feel we may run out of games mate, if there were 14/15 games left now I'd really fancy our chances for the 4th spot.

Need Rom in absolute tip top condition for the next 2 games, Rossley to be right on it and it would be a big boost if Morgan is fit.

Lukaku was largely a spectator because if that diabolical Martinez system and style of play. He had no one near him amd the speed of play was hilariously bad. He scored his first sniff of a chance.
Agree. it was just like watching Everton under Martinez. I was screaming at the box last night for him to put another striker on. Especially after Greece went down to 10 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back