Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way some talk on here it's as if £60 million transfers are common place, they are not. Only 5 transfers ever have been north of £65 million.
Ok I get it about Pogba but that was a freak fee but the other 4 that belong to that £65 million club are Bale, Suarez, Higuain and Rodrigues. Higuain was I suspect priced so high because Roma knew that Juve had got a whole lot more for Pogba.In effect the really big fees are paid by Barc and Real and I very much doubt that they will want RL
I talked in an earlier post about which clubs would be able to buy him in England and indeed which clubs would want him I truly think that it's probably 60% him going to Chelsea and 40% to Man Utd.
Players tend to say a lot more when they are on International duty and Costa is clearly hinting he's off. So if Chelsea get say £80-£100 million from a Chinese club then Lukakus fee, like Higuain will go over the £60 million figure I believe is realistic probably up to £70 million but none is going to pay more than that for him.

If he signs it will most probably be because he doesn't want to miss out on the extra wages, does that make him a better or worse person? But it will leave us in a strong position for the future. He may well have been told he isn't going anywhere this summer whatever, so he would be silly to throw away over a years extra wages.

The way some talk on here it's as if £60 million transfers are common place, they are not. Only 5 transfers ever have been north of £65 million.
Ok I get it about Pogba but that was a freak fee but the other 4 that belong to that £65 million club are Bale, Suarez, Higuain and Rodrigues. Higuain was I suspect priced so high because Roma knew that Juve had got a whole lot more for Pogba.In effect the really big fees are paid by Barc and Real and I very much doubt that they will want RL
I talked in an earlier post about which clubs would be able to buy him in England and indeed which clubs would want him I truly think that it's probably 60% him going to Chelsea and 40% to Man Utd.
Players tend to say a lot more when they are on International duty and Costa is clearly hinting he's off. So if Chelsea get say £80-£100 million from a Chinese club then Lukakus fee, like Higuain will go over the £60 million figure I believe is realistic probably up to £70 million but none is going to pay more than that for him.
He'll be 24 years old, scoring for absolute fun in one of the top leagues in Europe. There is almost literally no comparison out there.

Ronaldo?

I can't see him signing a new contract and think we will get about £70m for him in the summer. I pray I am wrong but I don't see what has changed in the last couple of weeks to make him sign a new deal.

I think he is as good as gone.We have eight games left with him. I hope we slap a massive price tag on him and spend it all on his replacement
Looks like he wanted to sign with a release that the club would not give him, hence Koemans comments about signing a contract but still leaving.
I think Everton are playing hardball and its good to see for once, to me that shows ambition!

I think he is as good as gone.We have eight games left with him. I hope we slap a massive price tag on him and spend it all on his replacement
Looks like he wanted to sign with a release that the club would not give him, hence Koemans comments about signing a contract but still leaving.
I think Everton are playing hardball and its good to see for once, to me that shows ambition!
You realise we pretty much ALWAYS play hardball when it comes to selling players these days, right?

The Torres transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea is an interesting comparison. Similar record, proven goalscorer in the prem, and a couple of years older at the time than Rom is now. Went for £50m in 2011. Fees have increased significantly since then.

If we sell for any less than 90m then we are mugs

Personally if no one bids that much then I'd let his contract run for the final two years. Yes we lose any sale money but we get a top striker for two more years. No matter who we sign for the money we'd get we can never replace him with anyone as good

IMG_6610.webp

A late one next week would be perfect Rom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back