Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf, they've spent about £180m on mane, firminho, lallana, coutinho, origi and sturridge. We've spent big on lukaku and bolasie only and bolasie got crocked after a handful of games.
My point is, people on here tell me how great lukaku and Barkley are and are almost irreplaceable. When you then compare them against forwards of other clubs I'm told that they have an advantage as they are far more creative etc. I'd say that's a little contradictory

My point is, people on here tell me how great lukaku and Barkley are and are almost irreplaceable. When you then compare them against forwards of other clubs I'm told that they have an advantage as they are far more creative etc. I'd say that's a little contradictory

yeah point taken, they're better than others at top 6 clubs and they're also worse than some. It happens, lukaku's top scorer for a reason though, yes he requires other people to create the goals for him, but i always find it's best to analyse his positive aspects and play to them, rather than some of the fans on here having a go because he doesn't create goals for himself. He's not really that sort of player, but he will do it from time to time, that's just not his strength.

Just seen a stat for Rom ...in 270 minutes v Liverpool not one attempt at goal.
Fantastic goalscorer but I would seriously question why this is happening. Its more than a coincidence thats 3 full games and not got a shot off.
Needs to impose himself more , even Lucas ! Yes Lucas ! was beating him in the air today and Lovren wont get an easier game the rest of his playing days.
Any Mega side will have put the cheque book on hold watching him today.

Lukaku is an extremely good footballer but he is not great by any stretch of the imagination. If the team are playing well, Lukaku plays well but the sign of a great player is one who can lift a team and carry them when the rest are not performing. Lukaku cannot do that yet and has too many big games where he goes missing. Yes lack of support and creativity can hinder in the big games but he still seems to 'go through the motions' when the chips are down rather than rally and reinvigorate the team.

As for Ross, its almost as if he is unsure what type of player he is. Yes he will have purple patches but again there is a real lack of consistency to his game. As I've said before, Ross has all the attributes other than the footballing brain to be at the very peak of his profession. Will it come in time, i'm not so sure. He is not a young lad anymore and although workrate, effort etc has gotten a lot better since Koeman's handling early part of the season, his decision making etc is still poor at times.

If we were given a massive amount of cash in the summer, i wouldn't be too upset letting Ross go and also Lukaku to a certain extent, as long as that 100m plus was reinvested in top quality players.

This summer is a big one for the club. There are still a lot of areas that need addressing if we are serious on becoming top four contenders.

Once again, he proved he isn't a big game player. Yes great scoring record but usually against teams we should and probably would beat if he was out of the team. He looked like he was back to his "i a great player, i should be in the champions league" attitude of last season.

My take on Rom yest. Got out fought in the first 10 min's n didn't fancy the battle. Service not great but if u don't match the cb for fight n first to the ball you are not helping your team.
One of many that didn't show up

Not anything to do with the game or his performances but I was talking to a mate yesterday who said him and Coleman do not get on with each other at all. Apparently Coleman thinks he's to big for his boots. Obviously if it's true it's not affecting how they perform on the pitch because I can't see any obvious signs they don't get on. Wasn't Lukaku the only one not to wish him well on social media after his injury which I suppose is a bit strange given how often Rom is on social media and his support of Bolasie for example. I suppose you can't like everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back