Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kicked off with a falsehood: "Everton defended and broke superbly against Man Utd..." Anyone who watched that game knows at least the last part of that sentence is untrue.

Overall, it looks to me like a friendly club journo has been briefed to put the knife into Lukaku as they want to position him as a villain knowing full well now he wont be here next season.

Did you watch the game Dave, because that's exactly what happened. More finesse on the break and we would have scored 3 or 4

Last edited:

But we did defend and break superbly - the problem was the conversion of the break, not the break itself. Lukaku could have had a hat trick of assists if he wasn't, you know, Lukaku.

I said it in the match thread and I said it the day after and I'll say it again. Between Ross and Lukaku, the play between them during each of our 45 million counter attacking opportunities was the absolute worst I can remember for many a year. It was Barlow/Angel levels of incompetence.

Tuesday should have seen us walk away with about a 4-1/5-1 scoreline but for whatever reason the pair of them seemed incapable of either a) picking out the correct pass and b) making the correct run

I think we're all starting to gradually accept that he might be off in the summer, which is leading people to do the usual thing of talking him down so as to soften the blow for if he leaves

Guys, it won't work, it never works, you'll still feel crap when he leaves

Just accept that he's a good player and we're going to miss him, and then the healing process can begin more quickly

I think we're all starting to gradually accept that he might be off in the summer, which is leading people to do the usual thing of talking him down so as to soften the blow for if he leaves

Guys, it won't work, it never works, you'll still feel crap when he leaves

Just accept that he's a good player and we're going to miss him, and then the healing process can begin more quickly

That really isn't the case with me.

At least we'll get a big pay day out of him. Who knows, his replacement may be better? Score a good tally but also make goals for another player and actually be able to hold up the ball.

But we did defend and break superbly - the problem was the conversion of the break, not the break itself. Lukaku could have had a hat trick of assists if he wasn't, you know, Lukaku.

How can it be a superb break if it always broke down?

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back