Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he looks impressive against the better sides?

His close control was embarrassing on Tuesday. He made Rojo look like Ricardo Carvalho.
Every striker has flaws.

Just look at his scoring record since being here. That tells me all I need to know. And in a team with a Hazard or De Bruyn or whatever in it he'd be into the 30s for the season.

That really isn't the case with me.

You say that mate, but once you've had time to reflect, you'll lament his leaving, because he's a beast

Trying to replace Lukaku is going to be an absolute bollock, and will also probably be a prolonged and arduous process

The anti-defensive football faction on here are going to hate next season, because we're probably going to have to batten down the hatches in response to having less goals coming in

Rom is immense, utterly immense. Does he have his flaws?

C21Io0_UkAE6VvZ.jpg

Thanks Cenk

But that doesn't take away from how good he's been for us, especially this season

Life without him is going to be hard to adapt to, and I can only hope that Koeman and Walsh have a plan in place to deal with the transition, because we're going to feel it

Last edited:
But we did defend and break superbly - the problem was the conversion of the break, not the break itself. Lukaku could have had a hat trick of assists if he wasn't, you know, Lukaku.

To be fair, Lukaku has 6 assists. That's more than Sterling, Costa, Mane, Wijnaldum, Alli, Rooney, Hazard, Ibrahimovic, Kane, Martial, Mata etc.

You can dwell on the negatives to fit an agenda, or you can look at the bigger picture.

He's improving considerably every season. He's the best goalscorer in Everton's premier league history.

He's 23.

He'll go on to play for the worlds best, and be one of the worlds best.

As I've always said, enjoy him while he's here. He's one of the games best, raw talents.

Every striker has flaws.

Just look at his scoring record since being here. That tells me all I need to know. And in a team with a Hazard or De Bruyn or whatever in it he'd be into the 30s for the season.
If that were true he'd be an international sensation with Belgium, but, well, he ain't. Nowhere near.

Did you watch the game Dave, because that's exactly what happened. More finesse on the break and we would have scored 3 or 4
More finesse my arse. We needed more bodies on the breaks to add more options and make them pay.

The manager is too conservative and he chooses to stick with a terrible immobile defence.

Hope the lad has had a few days off this week, he's looking a bit leggy. not missed a game for club or country all year, looking for a fresher rom on sunday.

Errrrmmm because Lukaku had a few opportunities to play in a better placed team mate but went for the shot which was invariably blocked as the CB's had been drawn to him.
ONE opportunity.

Lol.

We broke with all the effectiveness of an arthritic man trying to catch the bus.

I think the point being made was specifically about Tuesday. When he was definitely playing for himself imo.

He has a tendency to try and do it all himself when Barkley's head falls off, and no real quality around him.

Example in the last game. Look at this. Ross at the bottom here. If that's someone with perhaps more nous, an Alli - they're supporting Rom a lot quicker than this.

romross.gif

He probably should hold it up better here, but there definitely should be more support around him.

If that were true he'd be an international sensation with Belgium, but, well, he ain't. Nowhere near.

Tbf that's also down to the lacking tactics that Wilmots used to play (he preferred Benteke; so under Wilmots he wasn't used a lot). He got them through against the USA in 2014. He also got them to qualify for that WC after a very good performance against Croatia (a then formidable team). He destroyed Lovren that day.

Also he is Belgian top scorer atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back