Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody should lose sight of the fact he's on, what in relative terms, is a really low wage compared to the calibre of player he is. That put Everton in a really really strong position, as it is an indisputable fact that Everton get good money for their players, so will not sell cheaply. Therefore, if we don't get what we want he's going to be one stubborn bugger to go another 52 pay packets on exactly half what we are offering, meaning he'd be giving up £3.5m.

I'd be astonished if he did that. So we are getting big money or he is signing a new contract.

That's a very important part of it you're digging up here! If he stays another year we will offer him a new contract, that's for sure, and he will sign it coz otherwise he will be still playing for 70K a week. In my opinion all the talk about him running down his contract is complete BS , there will come a club who pays big for him, if not this year it will be next year, but Everton will always do good business with him.

Footballers as a whole, with no particular loyalties to a club have to maximise opportunities in their career. After the shambles of the last two seasons, we were lucky he gave us this season tbh. Now a shoe in to be top scorer in the league, nearly 24, proven over 5 years as a top goal scorer he is going to be in huge demand. This summer he will get offers galore and his agent will make Rom top priority this summer, he made his money last year on Pogba and Ibrahimovic and now it will be Rom. He has contacts everywhere, he must be making phone calls on a daily basis, driving up interest ( and consequently wages and his own % ) he will be gone. Has been since the he is 99.9999999% certain to sign statement. That was a come and get him quick statement to other clubs if ever there was one. Would love him to stay but it's not happening. Hope he goes to Real Madrid personally, would hit 50 goals a year there, would hate to see him banging in goals in the prem for someone else.

You honestly think Rom is a better player than Benzema , or Ronaldo or Bale.
You honestly think his first touch , his ball control , his passing ability is good enough for Real Madrid , not a fookin chance in hell
Real want complete players

The big thing about Rom wanting to leave is the fact that there are probably only about 10 clubs in europe who could afford him and not every one of those will be in the Champions League next season anyway and he isn't going to get a move to a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid so that cuts down his options as well. I think realistically there are only Chelsea, Man Utd or PSG as options for him and they might not have Rom as top of their summer wish list anyway. Even if he wants out I think there is a fair chance he will still be here next season or he will move to a club not in Champions League and has been lying all along and just wants out.

Flog him to China for more money than european side can offer if he wants out.

The big thing about Rom wanting to leave is the fact that there are probably only about 10 clubs in europe who could afford him and not every one of those will be in the Champions League next season anyway and he isn't going to get a move to a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid so that cuts down his options as well. I think realistically there are only Chelsea, Man Utd or PSG as options for him and they might not have Rom as top of their summer wish list anyway. Even if he wants out I think there is a fair chance he will still be here next season or he will move to a club not in Champions League and has been lying all along and just wants out.

Flog him to China for more money than european side can offer if he wants out.
I agree with the 3 clubs.
PSG however have no problem scoring goals it's conceding them is their problem so they may look to strengthen defensively this summer
Mournihno wants Griezman and if United qualify for CL and Zlatan stays will Rom play the big games
Conte is a known admirer of Morata and they have Costa as well
Rom may not have as many choices as he thinks.

You honestly think Rom is a better player than Benzema , or Ronaldo or Bale.
You honestly think his first touch , his ball control , his passing ability is good enough for Real Madrid , not a fookin chance in hell
Real want complete players

Kindly stop avoiding the swear filter.

I don't blame him necessarily but I do believe he owes us 1 more season. The previous 2 were a waste under Martinez now with Koeman we are level on points with Arsenal in our season of transition. Surely he could wait and see who we sign first before wanting out. Imagine if Kolasinac, Keane, Pickford, Rooney all come in early doors, surely those additions on top of 1-2 more and he would be thinking 'we could actually do something this season'

I get he's a Chelsea fan but they [Poor language removed] on him in the past and we came to his rescue. All he's done since is be honest and Frank and whilst I respect that he has done nothing but make us sound small time and him bigger than us.

Absolutely quality player who I'll be gutted to see leave, but providing we bring in a Dembele/Bakumbu/Giroud/Benteke maybe even an ambitious move for Lacazette then I'll quickly get over him.

Please ease up on the swearing.

LOL at some blues convincing themselves Lukaku will be a flop at his next club. Is that so losing him hurts less?

He will tear it up wherever he goes. We need to do whatever we can to keep him at the club. Our biggest asset and by some distance. IMO will fire us into the CL if he's here next season.
I don't think that is a given.
At Everton the team is built around Lukaku.
That is a problem for the manager, if he gets injured or suspended then our entire team structure has to be reorganised.

If Lukaku stays or goes I think the manager will try to bring in players that will make us less reliant on just one player.

When he goes to a top CL team, he will be asked to play a very different role. Costa at Chelsea scores goals but works incredibly hard for the team and that is what will be demanded of Lukaku. Score less and work harder...not a recipe that imo would automatically appeal to Lukaku.

Of course he has all the tools to be a success, but nothing in life, or football, certain,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back