Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's top, top quality, and I would love him to stay big style,but I've never felt any love or affection (and I get the impression he feels the same about us as a club, if he did he wouldn't keep spouting crap) for him because he's a massive tit, but as long as he keeps banging them in for us then he gets my backing, if he goes I couldn't care less what happens to him.
I'll always remember fondly the few seasons we have with a genuine top quality striker. Head and shoulders above anyone else we've had
Papers saying Chelsea want Belotti and Morata.
I wanted the hafnia kit and puma kings but i got Ethel Austin's finest and a pair of umbros.

On the contrary Zat . With 12 months left on his contract put him up for sale and watch the price spiral when the Chinese clubs start bidding. The clubs in a very strong position here if it wants to be.

He's not going to China and his agent would inform Chinese clubs this.

The only way his value is going is down

He's not going to China and his agent would inform Chinese clubs this.

The only way his value is going is down
Stop being silly Zat.

Put him on the market and the clubs in a very strong position , its only Evertons opinion that matters in this.
Or are you suggesting the club rolls over for a Raiola belly rub ?

Doesnt even have to sign a new contract.
Depends how the club play it , wether this summer or next once its out there the club can litterally name their price ....there would be no shortage of Chinese clubs willing to match it.
As I said it how the club wants to play it.

Of all the options available the possibility of him going to China is the least likely.

If RL wanted to leave Europe that would be a game changer but if he were to do that it would in effect be the end of his International career indeed far from showing ambition such a move would be the polar opposite and in truth there are no suggestions from anywhere he would consider such a move.

There are only a handful of clubs that will see him as a realistic target and a number of those will be put off by the numbers being banded around .That number will reduce even further based on what he is offered by a club be it financial or indeed the challenge.

No club can force a transfer on a player , no doubt some would try but it's the contract running down that is the problem and as you get ever close to the last 12 months then the value and club preferred destination changes.

as opposed to all these other clubs who force their players into signing for clubs they don't want to join?

You know you can't MAKE a player sign a contract they don't want to sign (either with us or a new club), right?
Make him sign? Where have I said that? I'm saying sell him overseas and not to a competitor. Even if we get less.

Of all the options available the possibility of him going to China is the least likely.

If RL wanted to leave Europe that would be a game changer but if he were to do that it would in effect be the end of his International career indeed far from showing ambition such a move would be the polar opposite and in truth there are no suggestions from anywhere he would consider such a move.

There are only a handful of clubs that will see him as a realistic target and a number of those will be put off by the numbers being banded around .That number will reduce even further based on what he is offered by a club be it financial or indeed the challenge.

No club can force a transfer on a player , no doubt some would try but it's the contract running down that is the problem and as you get ever close to the last 12 months then the value and club preferred destination changes.
"No club can force a transfer on a player"

Similarly no player can force a transfer on a
club.

Especially one with 2 yrs to run. I'm not implying he would want to go ply his trade in China . But this is not about what he wants .
Its whats best for Everton FC
The club can dictate anything they want at the moment , if they play it like Liverpool did with Suarez its win win.
If he is to stay for a year then a compromise can be made with him & his agent.
If he wants out right away put him up for sale to the highest bidder , it really is that simple.

Stop being silly Zat.

Put him on the market and the clubs in a very strong position , its only Evertons opinion that matters in this.
Or are you suggesting the club rolls over for a Raiola belly rub ?

You're implying that his value will increase over the next 12 months when he will be down to the last year in his contract.

That is not a strong position as all...it's a weak one...

Nothing stopping lukaku from saying he will only join Chelsea...they offer 70mil now....we refuse....40mil next summer...we refuse....he leaves for free....

Ergo its better to sell now

You're implying that his value will increase over the next 12 months when he will be down to the last year in his contract.
That is not a strong position as all...it's a weak one...
Nothing stopping lukaku from saying he will only join Chelsea...they offer 70mil now....we refuse....40mil next summer...we refuse....he leaves for free....

Ergo its better to sell now
Ergo we have two more seasons of his goals to get us to CL. Happy to let him leave on a free then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back