Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does go no matter how much we get we will find it very hard to replace him. He's going to be top scorer in the league and we haven't had one of those in 30 years. Could be 30 more before we get another

Lukaku is a good player.He still has a lot of flaws in his game though.Could be 30 more years before we have another top scorer in the league?Who knows perhaps Roms replacement could turn out to be an even better player.Everton Football club will not crumble to pieces whenever this big time Charlie leaves.When Lineker left we won the league the year after.When Rooney left people were tipping us for relegation but we went on to finish fourth.It would be nice if Rom has the decency to stay for at least another season.However if he doesn't then Everton FC will find a way to plow on and thrive in his absence regardless.No player is bigger than this club and no player will hold this club to ransom.

Hope we sell him straight away rather then drag it out into the new season. He wants out and this is the best time to get the highest price. We shouldn't keep players who believe they are bigger then the club. I have enjoyed watching him play for us and develop but players come and go.
The thing is as good as Lukaku is, he just isn't going to get us to the champions league being our only quality striker. If he stays I don't think we would see a quality back up coming. Spurs have Kane but have loads of other players that score goals regular, we don't have that so perhaps it is the time to cash in and get 2 quality strikers in they might not be quite the quality of Lukaku, but it's a team game and with areas of our team getting sorted like the midfield, I can see strikers thriving here. Say we could get £90 million that would help us improve massively 3 players, £30 million each is defiantly going in the right direction for me. Also I'm totally fed up with his interviews about leaving, not signing a contract and at times lets his form dip. I gurantee a year after he's left we won't miss him one bit.

The thing is as good as Lukaku is, he just isn't going to get us to the champions league being our only quality striker. If he stays I don't think we would see a quality back up coming. Spurs have Kane but have loads of other players that score goals regular, we don't have that so perhaps it is the time to cash in and get 2 quality strikers in they might not be quite the quality of Lukaku, but it's a team game and with areas of our team getting sorted like the midfield, I can see strikers thriving here. Say we could get £90 million that would help us improve massively 3 players, £30 million each is defiantly going in the right direction for me. Also I'm totally fed up with his interviews about leaving, not signing a contract and at times lets his form dip. I gurantee a year after he's left we won't miss him one bit.

How do know that the 3 players would be a success?? The majority of players Spurs bought with the Bale money flopped.

Somehow they're challenging for the title two years in a row though, obviously something right happened

They went from the quarter finals of Champions League with Bale to next season struggling mid table and the manager getting sacked at Christmas just after Liverpool thrashed them 5 nil at white hart lane

The thing they got right was getting Pochettino in the next summer.

Lukaku is a good player.He still has a lot of flaws in his game though.Could be 30 more years before we have another top scorer in the league?Who knows perhaps Roms replacement could turn out to be an even better player.Everton Football club will not crumble to pieces whenever this big time Charlie leaves.When Lineker left we won the league the year after.When Rooney left people were tipping us for relegation but we went on to finish fourth.It would be nice if Rom has the decency to stay for at least another season.However if he doesn't then Everton FC will find a way to plow on and thrive in his absence regardless.No player is bigger than this club and no player will hold this club to ransom.
Never said we wouldn't survive mate. I said it won't be easy replace him. His replacement might get 35 goals he might get 5. Lukaku has guaranteed us goals pretty much since he got here. And don't think comaparisons.with the Lineker situation are fair. At the time we were probably the best side in europe and could compete with anyone

We won't get anyone who will score as many goals as him, regardless of his so called "flaws".

He's irreplaceable end of and we would should do absolutely everything in our power to keep him.

Anyone who thinks we're going to go out and immediately get a 25 goal a season replacement striker just like that needs to give their head a serious wobble.

Last edited:

We won't sell unless someone meets our valuation.

And hopefully they do. Fans whoring themselves out to him after making it clear he doesn't want to be here is pathetic. I'm one of his biggest fans and he's by far the best centre forward we've had since the 80's but if he wants out he's as good as gone, be it this season or next when his contract is down to 12 months.

Get maximum money for him and wish him well. Koeman is a good manager he'll have us bounce back.

Mate he's averaged 20 league goals a season for four consecutive seasons playing for Everton. List all the other strikers who have achieved that. Look at their value, look at who they play for. Lukaku is the best striker you've seen at Everton in 30 years, casting doubt on his ability because he may want a transfer is a bit loopy.

20 league goals for 4 seasons but has only recently had 60 league goals for Everton? C'mon Chico...

We won't get anyone who will score as many goals as him, regardless of his so called "flaws".

He's irreplaceable end of and we would should do absolutely everything in our power to keep him.

Anyone who thinks we're going to go out and immediately get a 25 goal a season replacement striker just like that needs to give their head a serious wobble.

You don't NEED to replace his goals though with one player.

Obviously I want him top stay as I think he is a cracking player and a boss scorer of goals, however he is not irreplaceable, it would depend on how we set up without him.

He has been banging them in for us for 4 years and yet in that time we have been worse off and have not come close to winning anything. That's not his fault or anything but its pretty obvious that you don't need to have the leagues top scorer to win stuff.

Somehow they're challenging for the title two years in a row though, obviously something right happened

DELE ALLi happened would have loved to see him in an Everton shirt. Davies doesn't seem to have his goal scoring touch but has that edge that i like. I can see us improving following the spurs model of success if we make the right purchases after the Sale of Lukaku. I hope Seamus can recover love that lad rate him over Walker. Holgate can try and Be a Danny Rose type on the LB? I'm not a fan of his forward play and crosses needs improvement. We need to purchase more youth in the Back, I was hoping RK could sign his former player Van Dijk. Tap into the youth system. Guys like Schneiderlin and Gueye are in there primes we need to build around that till their too old. The sale of Lukaku and what purchases are made will be the major indicator of the direction Koeman is sending this club. We shall see. I like that RK plays youth we need to develop strong talented young players they generally become strong talented players in their prime years (27).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back