Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't NEED to replace his goals though with one player.

Obviously I want him top stay as I think he is a cracking player and a boss scorer of goals, however he is not irreplaceable, it would depend on how we set up without him.

He has been banging them in for us for 4 years and yet in that time we have been worse off and have not come close to winning anything. That's not his fault or anything but its pretty obvious that you don't need to have the leagues top scorer to win stuff.

If people think he'll be anywhere near as motivated next season if we refuse him a move they'll be in for a shock. He'll be a shoe in for the WC regardless of him scoring 15 goals or 25. I would much rather The extra £30-40 million to invest in quality players than let him run his contract down to the final 12 months and leave for a relative pittance.

How do know that the 3 players would be a success?? The majority of players Spurs bought with the Bale money flopped.
Yes that's a good point, but I would say Koemans pretty clued up on who he buys. His purchases here have been very good as they were at Southampton. Spurs have always had a lot of flops, we haven't had to many over the years.

They went from the quarter finals of Champions League with Bale to next season struggling mid table and the manager getting sacked at Christmas just after Liverpool thrashed them 5 nil at white hart lane

The thing they got right was getting Pochettino in the next summer.
It's there time now, I don't believe Spurs will get any better than they are now, they fluffed it last season and it's likely they will get pipped to the post this season too (I hope). Some teams need to take there chances when it's in front of them Leicester did, the likes of city,man Utd Chelsea all come back strong, I just can't see them challenging for the title next years aswell.

Tends to be the case for every transfer ever done..

My point being, when you stop being a smart arse, is that our valuation is currently a record-breaking fee.

Unless somebody (that Rom wants to go to - i.e. I can't imagine him going to China) offers that figure, then we'll sell.

But people are acting like it's done and dusted and we'll be selling to the first bidder.

It's there time now, I don't believe Spurs will get any better than they are now, they fluffed it last season and it's likely they will get pipped to the post this season too (I hope). Some teams need to take there chances when it's in front of them Leicester did, the likes of city,man Utd Chelsea all come back strong, I just can't see them challenging for the title next years aswell.

Nor me. Home games at Wembley will kill them imo.

We won't get anyone who will score as many goals as him, regardless of his so called "flaws".

He's irreplaceable end of and we would should do absolutely everything in our power to keep him.

Anyone who thinks we're going to go out and immediately get a 25 goal a season replacement striker just like that needs to give their head a serious wobble.

Agree totally. He will be greatly missed.

My point being, when you stop being a smart arse, is that our valuation is currently a record-breaking fee.

Unless somebody (that Rom wants to go to - i.e. I can't imagine him going to China) offers that figure, then we'll sell.

But people are acting like it's done and dusted and we'll be selling to the first bidder.

'Smart arse' is a bit rich coming from the smuggest poster on the forum like.

I honestly can't see any first team player renewing their contract before the summer.

Surely you'd want to be seeing what the new players are getting and to see the quality of those players?

'Smart arse' is a bit rich coming from the smuggest poster on the forum like.

Don't really think I'm smug, but fair enough if that's your opinion.

Anyway on topic, I think we can agree that Everton will get the best possible deal should Rom leave this summer.

If people think he'll be anywhere near as motivated next season if we refuse him a move they'll be in for a shock. He'll be a shoe in for the WC regardless of him scoring 15 goals or 25. I would much rather The extra £30-40 million to invest in quality players than let him run his contract down to the final 12 months and leave for a relative pittance.

This is very much how I see it. It would, in my opinion , be utter madness to force him to stay if he wants out. For those that are suggesting that should be the stance I would suggest they just reflect on how they would perform in their workplace if they were told that they couldn't move on.

This is very much how I see it. It would, in my opinion , be utter madness to force him to stay if he wants out. For those that are suggesting that should be the stance I would suggest they just reflect on how they would perform in their workplace if they were told that they couldn't move on.

I would agree with the club's stance if he had 3-4 years left on his deal like Stones as we could still command a high fee the season after next but with him only having 2 years left on his deal it's daft us keeping him for me it's just nothing to gain. We've had him for years and not won a trophy or finished top 4 so not like it's a certainty next season especially with the EL to contend with.

I would love to see us go 2 up top next season and go all out for a Lacazette playing off a Benteke/Dembele type forward. We won't sign a like for like replacement but we can certainly spread the goals around the side.

I agree with this 100%, look at Stones last season, he was a mess and has hardly picked up since. If he doesn't sign I would cash in, same with Ross, it is the modern game and there's no point messing up the dressing room for one or two players, however good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back