Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all well and good some people saying flat track bully and he only scores against the poor teams, but who else consistently scores at all? We haven't had such a prolific scorer for years and no matter who we replace him with there is no guarantee they will score anywhere near the volume of goals this beast of a man does. Let him destroy the smaller teams and provide him with a quality partner upfront to share the burden against the bigger teams. Stay forever Rom.

Its all well and good some people saying flat track bully and he only scores against the poor teams, but who else consistently scores at all? We haven't had such a prolific scorer for years and no matter who we replace him with there is no guarantee they will score anywhere near the volume of goals this beast of a man does. Let him destroy the smaller teams and provide him with a quality partner upfront to share the burden against the bigger teams. Stay forever Rom.

Would be ace. Sadly, I very much doubt he will.

Would be ace. Sadly, I very much doubt he will.
f04.gif

Agree totally. He will be greatly missed.
But if you look at the league scorers, Benteke and josh King both have 14 they have been playing in poorer teams than ours, I don't think it would be impossible for them to get 20 goals a season here, as they would have a better team playing behind them. At the end of the day our 24 goal scorer has won us nothing, other than Europa league qualification (not sure if that's confirmed yet). Id prefer to have 2 players that have scored 15 each and won us a cup or got us into the champions league.You don't have to have the leagues top scorer to win stuff, it's a team game.

But if you look at the league scorers, Benteke and josh King both have 14 they have been playing in poorer teams than ours, I don't think it would be impossible for them to get 20 goals a season here, as they would have a better team playing behind them. At the end of the day our 24 goal scorer has won us nothing, other than Europa league qualification (not sure if that's confirmed yet). Id prefer to have 2 players that have scored 15 each and won us a cup or got us into the champions league.You don't have to have the leagues top scorer to win stuff, it's a team game.

A team game? So obviously we need better players around Lukaku to win stuff. He can't do it all on his own

It's possible for WBA and Southampton to overhaul us.
Having said that, I consider it beyond even the most egregious 'Everton that' for such to transpire.

A team game? So obviously we need better players around Lukaku to win stuff. He can't do it all on his own
Well obviously yes perhaps a few more quality players would help, but I think people are abit blind to how everything is revolved around Lukaku and though his scoring record this season is excellent, many were scored against lower sides and they were the 3rd or 4th goal when the game was already won. Put it this way if Lukaku stays we won't be getting another high quality striker and we won't improve much on where we are now, the goals need to be shared around the team for us to improve for us to get to the next level, or Lukaku needs to be scoring 35 per season and a fair few of them need to be against the top side (he's yet to prove he can score regularly against the top 6 sides).

I think there remains doubt about his ability because we're yet to give him a consistent link up player(s).
For all his effort Ross isn't consistent and Mirallas is not at the level.
If we bought better attacking players it may prove that he has more in his locker, but currently he seems focussed on rolling defenders on the edge of the box or running onto through balls.
He will occasionally pull out wide but his play is not varied because he is enough getting goals in those others means.
That's why I think he doesn't beast the top centre halves because his style is a bit limited, either through his capability or the teams lack of inventive/changing attacking style (even less without Coleman who we miss more than we realise) so they have ways of dealing with him.
To keep him and not recruit would mean a potential big reduction in price when he goes next year, but maybe keep him and buy some creativity might push us on a level and get him to sign. It also doesn't help that he has no competition on the bench. I see where his viewpoint is on wanting to win something (don't we all) so I think the board have to spend big in the summer to keep him. His career at the top is only 6-7 more seasons (if we think 31 is past it) so it is limiting his chances staying here.
So I think we either sell now to maximise funds or spend big in the attacking area to convince him to re-sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back