Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats with the United love in on this thread?
So you are okay with selling him to United, but not to Chelsea? You shouldn't want to sell him to any of us, if you sell him to United, it will be no better than selling him for Chelsea, as we are both clubs you lot want to compete against.
I find this "anyone but Chelsea" mentality bizarre.
Besides, what makes you think that Mourinho, the guy that sold Lukaku in the first place AND was against putting a buy back clause in it, would want to sign him again? Lukaku didnt leave on bad terms with Chelsea, but he DID leave with Mourinho, so i am very skeptical that he will go back in for him.

So you are okay with selling him to United, but not to Chelsea? You shouldn't want to sell him to any of us, if you sell him to United, it will be no better than selling him for Chelsea, as we are both clubs you lot want to compete against.
Besides, what makes you think that Mourinho, the guy that sold Lukaku in the first place AND was against putting a buy back clause in it, would want to sign him again? Lukaku didnt leave on bad terms with Chelsea, but he DID leave with Mourinho, so i am very skeptical that he will go back in for him.
Well said mate. Pathetic from some in here.
Romelu stays at Everton or goes overseas for less. Same for next Summer as far as I am concerned.

But PSG

Brothers in arms.

But ok, he's not going there.

Include City in that 'anybody but' part. Plastic teams propped up by super rich.

I wouldn't be arsed if we were one day viewed that way but you have to understand why most folks find Chelsea and City cringeworthy. Yay...you bought another title. One day you might catch us.

I mean, i just find it odd, and a little bit contraditory.
Unfortunately mate, people just want to get as much as they can for him and will sell to the highest bidder. And Moshiri may just be another one of those.
If we have any top 4 ambition, as Moshiri keeps telling us, we can't sell him to any English team. Happy to lose money on this one and sell overseas.
Time for Everton to develop a spine again after 3 decades.

Include City in that 'anybody but' part. Plastic teams propped up by super rich.

I wouldn't be arsed if we were one day viewed that way but you have to understand why most folks find Chelsea and City cringeworthy. Yay...you bought another title. One day you might catch us.
It's your right to think that, but i think that you will find that most clubs have been backed financially at one point in time.
United just happened to have been bought sooner by the Glazers, so people dont think that they "bought their way to glory"
Plus, Chelsea have been the most succesfull club in England since Roman bought us, so its not all down to money(City and United have plenty of it too), but some legit quality work going on behind the scenes. Chelsea also, just has that "edge", you know, a winner mentality, that clubs like City and PSG dont have.

It's your right to think that, but i think that you will find that most clubs have been backed financially at one point in time.
United just happened to have been bought sooner by the Glazers, so people dont think that they "bought their way to glory"
Plus, Chelsea have been the most succesfull club in England since Roman bought us, so its not all down to money(City and United have plenty of it too), but some legit quality work going on behind the scenes. Chelsea also, just has that "edge", you know, a winner mentality, that clubs like City and PSG dont have.

You would be right here with us as best of the rest just as you were when you got minted.

European footy is the most rich frandly sport...it is what it is.

Unfortunately mate, people just want to get as much as they can for him and will sell to the highest bidder. And Moshiri may just be another one of those.
If we have any top 4 ambition, as Moshiri keeps telling us, we can't sell him to any English team. Happy to lose money on this one and sell overseas.
Time for Everton to develop a spine again after 3 decades.
Honestly, if i were you, i would just tell him to shut his trap and get on with his job, as he has a contract for another 2 years.
If you guys do well next season, who knows, you might just convince him to stay, if not, you can still make a tidy profit on him a year from now.
If you improve, its good for everybody, as the league becomes even more competitive and attractive to players, and even more fun to watch.

Honestly, if i were you, i would just tell him to shut his trap and get on with his job, as he has a contract for another 2 years.
If you guys do well next season, who knows, you might just convince him to stay, if not, you can still make a tidy profit on him a year from now.
If you improve, its good for everybody, as the league becomes even more competitive and attractive to players, and even more fun to watch.
Problem is mate, you are coming as a supporter of a club going through a cycle in your history of success. Our inferior mentality over the last 3 decades, despite having a superior history to yours, has developed a "generational fan base" with little ambition.

I agree with all you write. My only wish is that our new "majority shareholder" has the spine and ambition nobody else on that Board has shown for many a decade.

Time for Everton to step up this Summer, or we may as well just give up really and be content with the occasional Europa League spot.

You would be right here with us as best of the rest just as you were when you got minted.

European footy is the most rich frandly sport...it is what it is.
Maybe, maybe not, hard to predict these things.
I agree with you though, football has developed in a way that its impossible for the smaller clubs to compete with the big guns, unless they get a big cash injection, like Milan, or you lot have.

Problem is mate, you are coming as a supporter of a club going through a cycle in your history of success. Our inferior mentality over the last 3 decades, despite having a superior history to yours, has developed a "generational fan base" with little ambition.

I agree with all you write. My only wish is that our new "majority shareholder" has the spine and ambition nobody else on that Board has shown for many a decade.

Time for Everton to step up this Summer, or we may as well just give up really and be content with the occasional Europa League spot.
Hard to blame them really, unfortunately, Everton has been underwhelming in recent times, so its hard to create expectations.
The change has to come from within the club, as you say, to create a real competitive mentality, that some of your players, and even people within the club unfortunately dont have.
Hopefully you make some good signings this window, as this one could be a crucial one for you.
I will be watching with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back