Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that no other club will pay what Everton want and none have shown any obvious interest, he will be staying.
You're deluded mate. Chelsea or Man Utd will bid the cash, Rom will strop until he is sold.

We will replace him with a Man Utd reject.

Same old story, different season.

You're deluded mate. Chelsea or Man Utd will bid the cash, Rom will strop until he is sold.

We will replace him with a Man Utd reject.

Same old story, different season.
I agree with The Man U, Chelsea comment. They will stump up but not 100m.

I am less down on the future though. Still quite positive we can but 3 players that will improve us with the cash

I agree with The Man U, Chelsea comment. They will stump up but not 100m.

I am less down on the future though. Still quite positive we can but 3 players that will improve us with the cash
3 players? No chance unless it's cheap 'potential' from the likes of Ajax which is fine but they will have to improve the squad quickly.

Another season finishing 7th isn't good enough. We need to show some ambition.

It's clear that top teams arent convinced of his skills. Rom and his agent know that and they are desperately trying to sell him all over the shop.

3 players? No chance unless it's cheap 'potential' from the likes of Ajax which is fine but they will have to improve the squad quickly.

Pretty sure we could buy 3 first team players for 80m. I am just talking about the Rom money, not whatever other cash is available

It's clear that top teams arent convinced of his skills. Rom and his agent know that and they are desperately trying to sell him all over the shop.

:Blink:

He's going to either the league winners or the most successful club in the country. I'd say they are very convinced.

You're actually right mate.

Until we spend 150m on each signing and have AT LEAST 7 new ones per transfer window we're not showing enough ambition.

Instead of, you know, using money wisely and not just throwing it at random players, ala City. Look at their new 50m centre back Johnnie Stones, top acquisition that was.

So yes, I'd rather we get Dolberg and a few others rather than rely solely on one player and burden him with a massive fee, as that's what happens to even the supposed best (hello Pogba).

:Blink:

He's going to either the league winners or the most successful club in the country. I'd say they are very convinced.
Defo not convinced of the asking price for a player they'd have to improve though. 70m+ for the 'unfinished article' is quite a lot of money.

E: Plus, once bitten twice shy for Utd after the Pogba big money deal turning out not so greatly.

Selling our star player to another premier league side will mean it's business as usual at everton. And worrying that even with money we can not keep top quality players.

The only way we might save face is if we do get 100m or 80m plus a decent player in return.

Even if we get a lot of cash we realistically will only be able to attract 3-4 middling players for the cash.

I would prefer to hold him for another year-he will need to perform if he wants to move to a cl club after and even a lukaku operating at 85% will score more goals than most. And by then hopefully we will be in cl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back