Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

will be very disappointed if we get less than 80m
Does it really make any difference in the scheme of things? £60m, £70m, £80m or £100m?
Despite all the huff and puff the past year, the message to the football world is quite clear. Everton isn't going to be a contender any time soon. We'll continue to lose our best players, and won't be attracting any world class footballers at their prime as they won't be touching us(nor are we going to pay wages they attract them for that matter).
I don't see why we need to get worked up by the fee. It is meaningless.
The cycle keeps going round and round.

Last edited:
Does it really make any difference in the scheme of things? £60m, £70m, £80m or £100m?
Despite all the huff and puff the past year, the message to the football world is quite clear. Everton isn't going to be a contender any time soon. We'll continue to lose our best players, and won't be attracting any world class footballers at their prime as they won't be touching us(nor are we going to pay wages they attract them for that matter).
it doesn't really but softens the blow a little bit.

Him announcing he's made a deal with another club is annoying. For that reason I hope we stick to the 100 m price we set. Principle thing. We don't need the cash in any case so keeping him one more yr then selling for half price is OK price to pay for evertons reputation. .

Yes, it absolutely DOES matter. Invest your money wisely within the FFP restrictions. 90M vs. 60M? Huge difference. Growth is going to happen over time.

90M could get me Khoulibaly AND Batsuahyi. Or any combination of players that could improve the club DRAMATICALLY. The only reason anyone would REALLY leave Everton for Chelsea, is they have a better chance to win trophies. Selling Rom can help us do just that. 30M makes a huge difference.

Every club has turnover. Every club sells. Rom us great and I'd like to keep him, but this could be a VERY good thing. Let it play out

Yes, it absolutely DOES matter. Invest your money wisely within the FFP restrictions. 90M vs. 60M? Huge difference. Growth is going to happen over time.

90M could get me Khoulibaly AND Batsuahyi. Or any combination of players that could improve the club DRAMATICALLY. The only reason anyone would REALLY leave Everton for Chelsea, is they have a better chance to win trophies. Selling Rom can help us do just that. 30M makes a huge difference.

Every club has turnover. Every club sells. Rom us great and I'd like to keep him, but this could be a VERY good thing. Let it play out
Maybe on FIFA 17 mate, not in he real world. We aren't competing any time soon.

Soooo...going back to Everton isn't an option. Is that it?

Cool. Where's our 100M? Because if that ain't there, does he have a contract, still? I'm pretty sure he does.

Be nice if Koeman came out and said "hey, actually Everton is an option....you are under contract here for two more years and you will only move if we get the money we want. Tough, I know, but OK, that's football".

I love how he talk's as if he has a say in where he is going.He is under contract to Everton.We decide where he goes and when he goes.I would have forgiven Rom for all his mouthing off if he had the decency to wait and see what players we get in the summer and then give us another season at the very least.But he wants out now and i find the way he's speaking and acting like someone with an a la carte menu of clubs for him to join, to be highly insulting.Fair enough he's evaluating his options and he want's out, but the way this fella is behaving and degrading us in public while still under contract to Everton is highly insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back