Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku scored 25 in 37
Sheva scored 24 in 32 twice and 24 in 34 and 19 in 28 - a better striker rate all 4 times
Torres scored 24 in 33, 18 in 22 again both better strike rates than Rom

Costa is a much better all round player than Rom is, he fits the system better, and all the talk of Lukaku being held back by us is a joke, he is held back by Belgium because of service?

Heard the same moans about us selling Lineker too, guess what...

Despite winning the league the season after Lineker left the goals scored dropped from 86 in GL last season to 76, a season later it was down to 53 and the next down to 50.

As for Belgium try looking at the last two seasons where he has scored 12 in 16 games.By any standards that is impressive. Meanwhile in 16 international appearances in total Costa has scored 6 times

Yes Costa fits the system they played but that's the whole point Conte devised the system on the players they had. Is Costa a better player ? As they say football is all about opinions and going forward I personally rate the better prospect as being Lukaku.

Despite winning the league the season after Lineker left the goals scored dropped from 86 in GL last season to 76, a season later it was down to 53 and the next down to 50.

As for Belgium try looking at the last two seasons where he has scored 12 in 16 games.By any standards that is impressive. Meanwhile in 16 international appearances in total Costa has scored 6 times

Yes Costa fits the system they played but that's the whole point Conte devised the system on the players they had. Is Costa a better player ? As they say football is all about opinions and going forward I personally rate the better prospect as being Lukaku.

Lukaku has scored 10 in the last 16 games not 12 mate - 6 of those coming against Cyprus, Estonia, Norway and Finland

When it counted in an actual tournament he scored in 1 game out of the 6 against Ireland, in the previous world cup he scored 1 in 4 games and got benched for Origi

Lukaku is 24 now, hardly a prospect anymore, especially given he's been starting since he was like 17 for various teams, he's an experienced player now with some major flaws in his game that i doubt will ever be erased. As for Costa fitting the system better, ofc he does - he is a much better player than Lukaku, Lukaku is a pure goalscorer - provides very little else to a team besides this, for a team which expects every season to be winning leagues and all cups they are in, you need to have more about your game than he does.

IF you devise a system to purely get the best out of Lukaku - when you have someone like Hazzard in your team and Pedro/Willian etc, then your mad frankly, because your setting a system up that is amazingly easy to stop, which has been shown with us countless times with Lukaku and with Belgium also

Lukaku has scored 10 in the last 16 games not 12 mate - 6 of those coming against Cyprus, Estonia, Norway and Finland

When it counted in an actual tournament he scored in 1 game out of the 6 against Ireland, in the previous world cup he scored 1 in 4 games and got benched for Origi

Lukaku is 24 now, hardly a prospect anymore, especially given he's been starting since he was like 17 for various teams, he's an experienced player now with some major flaws in his game that i doubt will ever be erased. As for Costa fitting the system better, ofc he does - he is a much better player than Lukaku, Lukaku is a pure goalscorer - provides very little else to a team besides this, for a team which expects every season to be winning leagues and all cups they are in, you need to have more about your game than he does.

IF you devise a system to purely get the best out of Lukaku - when you have someone like Hazzard in your team and Pedro/Willian etc, then your mad frankly, because your setting a system up that is amazingly easy to stop, which has been shown with us countless times with Lukaku and with Belgium also

I took the stats from Wiki if they aren't up to date apologies. Irrespective 10 in 16 isn't that bad. It's slightly arrogant dismissing or undervaluing goals at International level and yes he didn't play well at the last tournament but then again how many times have players performed at these type of tournaments and fail miserably at club level.

Conte fits the system to the players not a player and he has been remarkably successful at it.It really is worth going back to the first postings on this thread and reading what people were saying about the type of player is and how you get the best out of him. Then factor in the speed Chelsea counter attack and the quality of players they have going forward.

Hey I get it you don't now rate him I personally do and whilst he has scored so many goals it's clear that some expect him to be something that he just isn't.

There's and old saying be careful what you wish for.

I'm 99% sure he's already gone.

Who knows? We may land 3/4 players early and then he signs his bumper 5 year deal. He could be playing games to see what the clubs ambition is. (very very doubtful I know, but his interview when he spoke about not landing certain players sticks in my memory)

The fact that we have signed a goalkeeper for £30m, means that there isn't a cat in Hell's chance we're going to be letting our 24-goal striker leave for £70m.

It will be a world record fee.

The fact that we have signed a goalkeeper for £30m, means that there isn't a cat in Hell's chance we're going to be letting our 24-goal striker leave for £70m.

It will be a world record fee.
We've signed a keeper for 18m + addons. We will do a similar deal with Rom. PL, CL and other comps will need to won before we see the fee rise to what we want.

We've signed a keeper for 18m + addons. We will do a similar deal with Rom. PL, CL and other comps will need to won before we see the fee rise to what we want.
You privy to Everton's negotiations?

Sky Sports are saying £25m upfront and Paul Joyce is saying £22m, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back