Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we won't miss Lukaku if he goes, he did get goals mainly against the lower teams but even when he did score against the top teams we rarely looked like we were going to beat them. We need a new style of play Koemans usual style he hasn't really been able to totally put that to the test here as Lukaku was already here, IMO he's not Kormans type of player but he's a very good player so he had to play, but at times the team does look like it's totally playing just to suit him which doesn't work against the big team as there defence is better than the lower teams. Koemans preffed style will make us more dynamic which should see lots more player getting in goal scoring positions.

Per an Italian source, Conte absolutely wants Lukaku. His bosses not hot to the idea of spending 90M €. Highly dangerous disagreement.

Cheers mate, superb news. Is that about 80 odd million then?

Anything that screws that shower over is fine by me. Good luck to Romberto wherever he goes, but he will realise he's only ever played for one proper football club once he leaves.

Cheers mate, superb news. Is that about 80 odd million then?

Anything that screws that shower over is fine by me. Good luck to Romberto wherever he goes, but he will realise he's only ever played for one proper football club once he leaves.

Less than that, reckon about £77mill which, unless it includes a player with it, is well short of £100mill.

I believe we won't miss Lukaku if he goes, he did get goals mainly against the lower teams but even when he did score against the top teams we rarely looked like we were going to beat them. We need a new style of play Koemans usual style he hasn't really been able to totally put that to the test here as Lukaku was already here, IMO he's not Kormans type of player but he's a very good player so he had to play, but at times the team does look like it's totally playing just to suit him which doesn't work against the big team as there defence is better than the lower teams. Koemans preffed style will make us more dynamic which should see lots more player getting in goal scoring positions.
I think the biggest reason you want Lukaku in your side is that he bullies all of the lower teams in this league. If our other players are doing their jobs and supplying him with chances against the lower 13 sides, chances are he will score. Yes, the top 6 sides can neutralize him, but they can neutralize most strikers anyway. That means other players will need to step up (Klassen, Barkley, whoever we sign). You beat all of the lower sides in this league, chances are you are in the top four. It will be much easier to hit top 4 football with him than without him. At that point, we will have the credentials to make bigger signings and replace him. Unless we sign Sandro (fingers crossed), I don't see us finding much of a replacement if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back