Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see how Iheanacho is 'proven' when he's only made 12 PL starts in his career to date? Same with Batshuayi, he's made 1 PL start in his career, so how is he a proven Prem striker? Benteke has played for one big club, and scored 10 in 42 appearances and lasted one season there. Giroud might be fancy cos of one scorpion goal but he once went 15 games without a goal for Arsenal.

Jorgensen is proven at international level and is keeping Dolberg out of the Denmark team. 'Some Jorgensen guy' is unfair.
I just think they're better, with far more potential and more suited for Prem. And I've actually seen them play. From what I'm seen from Jorgensen, half of the goals were tap ins.

If we're taking a gamble, I'd rather gamble on some young talent like Batshuayi or Iheanacho.

Maybe "proven" is a wrong word here tho.

Last edited:
He doesn't love the club though mate that's the problem. He never will. He can stay and as you said yourself 'see what happens', or he can go to the League winners and learn from one of the best coaches in the league, if not world football. Leave sentiment out of it and think from his point of view. He can stay and battle (hopefully) for a top 4 finish this year, or he can go and play champions league football this year.

But it isn't about what he wants. I don't think Chelsea will pay that much. If they don't, he stays. Ball is our court.

Benteke/Giroud/Batman/Iheanacho

These could be very decent replacements for Lukaku if he leaves. We're adding goals all around but we need to replace his goals or atleast come close. Not buy some Jorgensen guy, buy a proven Prem striker.

CF position has to be our "statement" signing.

All of those options are simply awful if we want a 20+ striker mate. Except Batman - i think under Koeman he could be turned into a machine.

All of those options are simply awful if we want a 20+ striker mate. Except Batman - i think under Koeman he could be turned into a machine.
Batman is my number 1 wish if Lukaku leaves.

If we could get him in a swap deal I'd be ecstatic

Iheanacho has got strong potential. Hasn't really put a foot wrong in the role he's been given at City.... a better option than Giroud and Benteke, for certain.
I'm hearing City won't let Iheanacho go without a buy-back clause, which shows he has potential.

I just think they're better, with far more potential and more suited for Prem. And I've actually seen them play. From what I'm seen from Jorgensen, half of the goals were tap ins.

If we're taking a gamble, I'd rather gamble on some young talent like Batshuayi or Iheanacho.

Maybe "proven" is a wrong word here tho.
If Rom leaves we need to sign someone like Batshuayi (no, he did not get tons of time on the pitch last season, but when he did he scored. Has great attitude and did very well in France). I think Batsy just needs the opportunity.

If Rom stays then someone like Jorgensen as a second option would be fine. He is in the Charlie Austin (but younger, bigger, faster and with more upside) mode of a guy that is in the right place consistently. He's not spectacular, but he puts the ball in the net.

Giroud would seem to be the kind of striker Koeman has liked in the past and would fit with Rom staying or add something if he goes and we sign someone like Batsy.

Iheanacho has got strong potential. Hasn't really put a foot wrong in the role he's been given at City.... a better option than Giroud and Benteke, for certain.

Iheanacho is my no. 1 choice if Rom goes. Pay enough that City will accept no buyback clause.

He and Sandro would provide two great and very different options, only possible issue being that they're both young. Iheanacho can easily play as an attacking midfielder too. I'm really surprised we haven't seen more murmurs about us being in for him, only thing I can think is that City are insisting on a buyback which we're not interested in - but the reported price is WAY too high for them to be including a buyback (unless the buyback is like £50m+), so who knows?

Y'all better get out of Vinnys way.

BOOM

Everton-Liverpool-Yakubu-smashes-Raul-Meireles-1356093101y.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back