Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think if he had an ounce of pride to begin with, he would be brown nosing the club that rejected him in the first place to return?
He doesn't care if he was first choice or tenth choice.
Maybe he just likes West London more than Merseyside and surrounding areas. I must admit, I wouldn't want to go
back to a place that had wiped me.

I'd rather have a strong local fan base, which is what we have got, than a bunch of: Chinese, Norwegian, American, etc who can afford to buy the latest shirt but would drop us if we went through a bad patch.

Someone from another country who has just chosen a club to follow is not as big a fan as someone who has: family connection, lives in the area or someone who goes to the game.

No one is suggesting people like you, who go the game, aren't worthy of an opinion.

I'm stating that Lukaku is NOT a Chelsea fan. He was born in Belgium and 'chose' them because he is glory hunting.
Mate I'm none of those but I am Asian who's never set foot in England let alone Goodison. The '95 fa cup win aside it's been one looong baaaad patch. Passionate as ever. Will stop now as I don't want to get banned, as would happen if I really spoke my mind about you and your fellow ignoramuses. (Also had a few and will probably regret being so offensive in my post...apologies if I am).

Mate I'm none of those but I am Asian who's never set foot in England let alone Goodison. The '95 fa cup win aside it's been one looong baaaad patch. Passionate as ever. Will stop now as I don't want to get banned, as would happen if I really spoke my mind about you and your fellow ignoramuses. (Also had a few and will probably regret being so offensive in my post...apologies if I am).

Don't apologise! The guy is a racist. Such a sad example

Don't apologise mate

Nobody who follows Everton from overseas could really be accused of being a gloryhunter

What I would say though, which might be half the point he was trying to make (really poorly) is that if/when we ever become successful again, that success will probably bring with it a number of foreign gloryhunters (and British too, for that matter). We can't get enough true supporters, but nobody wants these fair weather "fans" who drift to whichever team is winning

We've got an absolute nobber of a Barcelona fan who comes on this forum, if you're looking for a good example

Lukaku seemed to know more than anyone else what is happening with his future? Has anyone even approached us for him yet?

thank you, for standing up for the oversea crowd, and not calling us, a bunch of gloryhunters.

In due time, someone stood up for us :bye:

Not!

Don't apologise mate

Nobody who follows Everton from overseas could really be accused of being a gloryhunter

What I would say though, which might be half the point he was trying to make (really poorly) is that if/when we ever become successful again, that success will probably bring with it a number of foreign gloryhunters (and British too, for that matter). We can't get enough true supporters, but nobody wants these fair weather "fans" who drift to whichever team is winning

We've got an absolute nobber of a Barcelona fan who comes on this forum, if you're looking for a good example
I venture that many a dyed-in-the-wool may have started out as a glory hunter. All welcome I say and if you need to leave don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Don't apologise mate

I was going to say that's news to me. I guess I've wasted 13 years of my life, and taken a trip a quarter of the way round the world just to see Goodison for nothing.

The problem with the OP is that he conflates two things. 1) A club is better with a strong local fanbase. Fact, but name one club that doesn't have that? 2) Just because #1 is true doesn't exclude people who didn't happen to be born in Walton from caring a great deal.

Everton will never be the RS. The DNA is just different. The difference is those of us from parts unknown are actually attracted to Everton because of that. So there's no risk of becoming a playground for glory hunters. Chrissake let's win something first before worrying about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back