Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not at all.

He's worth that to us, just like Gylfi is worth £40m to Swansea.

We're clearly not actively looking to sell him. Why should we settle for a reduced fee?

Strange thing to say here.

He does want to go, but if nobody matches the valuation he'll still be here come September.

The Everton jail....

And who do you think is going to pay that?

There are better players available to the teams above us.

I don't know. If they don't think he is not worthed it then move on and sign those who they think are better betters, I honestly do not give a hack. He can moan whatever he likes but this club won't just lower the fee to suit him and his new club. Good player can be bought with hard cash.

The Everton jail....

Not really.

He's a great player and he's been brilliant for us.

But... He's not bigger than the club. He has two years on his deal and we have every right to demand a huge fee. He's 24, just, and has scored over 100 Premier League goals already over his career and is only going to get better.

And who do you think is going to pay that?

There are better players available to the teams above us.

Which ones?

Lewandowski isn't 'available'

Neither is Higuain, or Ronaldo, or Suarez, or Kane.

We don't have to sell. Why should we be actively looking to do so?

We always hold out for the best deal for the club and rightly so.

The situation has been made clear to Lukaku and his agent. Fine, if he wants to go, he can, but only if a club match our valuation.

What on earth is wrong with that?

Not really.

But... He's not bigger than the club. He has two years on his deal and we have every right to demand a huge fee. He's 24, just, and has scored over 100 Premier League goals already over his career and is only going to get better.

Much like Swansea want £40m for Siguadsson. They can ask for what they want. Whether we pay that is another matter.

Not for me. He worths that sum to this football club.

See there's the strange thing for the vast majority on here say he can't trap a bag of cement, is lazy etc. If he's that bad then surely his value is limited

Some say that Everton are handling the situation well for me it's a total and utter mess.

He isn't worth £100 million not even to Everton .Putting that sum out there is all well and good but it was done so to put buyers off , that may well have worked , I doubt it has because potential buyers will know what they are prepared to pay and other than a million or two on top of their assumed ceiling clubs just won't pay more than they will have factored in to both their short and long term financial plans

So in effect there are four options:

1. A club will pay the full sum. Just can't see that happening. If they do happy days but based on other players availability I just cant see anything north of £65 million.

2. Everton climb down and agree to a fee below £100 million. Well you could argue if you don't ask you don't get.

For me too much is out there in the public domain. From RL making comments about where he is going to RK saying even if he had signed a new contract there would no guarentee he would be at Goodison next season.
That for me is telling and in my opinion only goes to suggest that he was given assurances about leaving last season and whilst I dont think necessarily a fee was agreed I can't help but feel that the feel will be determined by the biggest bid from a CL team over a certain sum.

3. Neither 1 or 2 happens. He is forced to stay, if that's the right description. Financially long term that would work out to be an absolute disaster. Some say force him to sit on the bench, others say it's A WC year so he will buckle down. Ok that's possible but at a time that every player has to be buying into RKs vision would he really want a disgruntled player who is almost a guarenteed starter around the squad?

4. He signs a new contract. That seems the unlikeliest of all the options but if it did happen there's a lot of bridges to build.

Last edited:
Not really.

I know mate, but he is still not a 100 million player. Aubamayang 62 million ffs!!!

I know mate, but he is still not a 100 million player. Aubamayang 62 million ffs!!!

Yeh he isn't a 100m player, but neither is Pogba.

I don't get why us asking for more is a detriment :D

Plus, Aubameyang is four years older, and age is a big factor in this.

I imagine in the end - if/when he goes - it'll be met somewhere in the middle. Probably around the £80m mark, maybe with add ons.

See there's the strange thing for the vast majority on here say he can't trap a bag of cement, is lazy etc. If he's that bad then surely his value is limited

Some say that Everton are handling the situation well for me it's a total and utter mess.

He isn't worth £100 million not even to Everton .Putting that sum out there is all well and good but it was done so to put buyers off , that may well have worked , I doubt it has because potential buyers will know what they are prepared to pay and other than a million or two on top of their assumed ceiling clubs just won't pay more than they will have factored in to both their short and long term financial plans

So in effect there are four options:

1. A club will pay the full sum. Just can't see that happening. If they do happy days but based on other players availability I just cant see anything north of £65 million.

2. Everton climb down and agree to a fee below £100 million. Well you could argue if you don't ask you don't get.

For me too much is out there in the public domain. From RL making comments about where he is going to RK saying even if he had signed a new contract there would no guarentee he would be at Goodison next season.
That for me is telling and in my opinion only goes to suggest that he was given assurances about leaving last season and whilst I dont think necessarily a fee was agreed I can't help but feel that the feel will be determined by the biggest bid from a CL team over a certain sum.

3. Neither 1 or 2 happens. He is forced to stay, if that's the right description. Financially long term that would work out to be an absolute disaster. Some say force him to sit on the bench, others say it's A WC year so he will buckle down. Ok that's possible but at a time that every player has to be buying into RKs vision would he really want a disgruntled player who is almost a guarenteed starter around the squad?

4. He signs a new contract. That seems the unlighest of all the options but if it did happen there's a lot of bridges to build.

Go for option 2. Sell him for £80m plus. It's a game of negotation.

Yeh he isn't a 100m player, but neither is Pogba.

I don't get why us asking for more is a detriment :D

Plus, Aubameyang is four years older, and age is a big factor in this.

I imagine in the end - if/when he goes - it'll be met somewhere in the middle. Probably around the £80m mark, maybe with add ons.

Pogba was £89 million but is a level above Lukaku, he was not even that bad last season. And has done it regularly in the champions league!!!

Aubamayang is still just short of prime years, and easily World Class.

£65 million - £75 million is still too much for Rom...but is suspect that we will get.

As soon as he is sold, people will be panicking saying we need a 20 goal striker to replace him. Can't beleive the stick he gets on here. Hes the best striker we've had in the last 30 years.

He's just turned 24, hes already scored 85 Premier League goals which puts him in the top 40 Premier League goal scorers of all time already. To put that into context, if he was to do the same again as last season, he would be inside the top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back