Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it makes sense.

We all assume we are looking to bin off most of the deadwood this Summer, deadwood is probably harsh for some of them but im gonna name them anyway McCarthy, Niasse, Geri are the main 1s, we should get fairly decent money for these players, then we have Barkley and Lukaku, neither of which are certain to stay, so the worst case scenario is that we sell ALL the deadwood, plus Rom and Ross, which leaves us vast sums to spend THIS window and leaves us with nobody to sell next Summer from a STCC/FFP POV.

Now somebody could argue that without nobody to sell, it means we cant buy anyway! :coffee::coffee:, but anyway.
And Besic. How is he not deadwood too?

Its another reason why the "we are just spending the Lukaku" money shouts are without merit, theres a chance and I will admit its currently a very small chance, but theres a chance that Rom and Ross both stay. I dont believe that the people in charge would put is in danger by spending money we dont have.

Currently we could assume that the sales of Geri, McCarthy, Niasse coupled with the SKY tv money have easily paid for Pickford and Klaassen with money to spare, we could currently be a crossroads regards do we go forward WITH Rom and Ross or do we go forward on the sales of Rom and Ross.

Watch this space.

think it's only kopites and doom mongers who have that view though, like you said, that would be stupid to do seeing as nobody has even id for rom, never mind had it accepted, agreed personal terms etc.

Added to Cleverley's sale. Probably at least one of Stekelenburg or Joel leaving.

One thing @The Esk identified was that Everton didn't do a lot of player trading comparative to the rest of the teams of the league. Inflation in the transfer market has gone mad with that lot getting 15 million quid for Jordan Ibe signalling the beginning of last year's window which ended with Spurs paying 30 million quid for Sissoko who they didn't even use. From a P and L perspective it makes sense to cash in on the increased book value of these players we don't want, that all goes to FFP for wage budget increases.

koeman wants 3 keepers, i'd like to think he tells them both they're staying because he's got enough work on his hands without trying to find a 3rd keeper. I believe all teams should have 3 keepers, unless they have a young exceptional talent.

Its another reason why the "we are just spending the Lukaku" money shouts are without merit, theres a chance and I will admit its currently a very small chance, but theres a chance that Rom and Ross both stay. I dont believe that the people in charge would put is in danger by spending money we dont have.

Currently we could assume that the sales of Geri, McCarthy, Niasse coupled with the SKY tv money have easily paid for Pickford and Klaassen with money to spare, we could currently be a crossroads regards do we go forward WITH Rom and Ross or do we go forward on the sales of Rom and Ross.

Watch this space.
FM did also say the stadium is going to be financed the way it is so he could spend on the squad, so maybe he's opened his pockets as well. 127 mil is what we earned last year from revenue plus sell out at Goodison every game, about 19 mil made there, so be interesting to see how close we go to that amount

Remember him saying that he'd agreed terms with another club... which one is it? How can he agree terms without a formal bid?

koeman wants 3 keepers, i'd like to think he tells them both they're staying because he's got enough work on his hands without trying to find a 3rd keeper. I believe all teams should have 3 keepers, unless they have a young exceptional talent.

Was about to say we still had Griffiths, but have now seen that Motherwell have signed him on a perm

So yeah, I think you may be right re the Lukaku situation

Shame as this could have been a good chance for Griffiths and would have probably saved us some money. Oh well

Was about to say we still had Griffiths, but have now seen that Motherwell have signed him on a perm

So yeah, I think you may be right re the Lukaku situation

Shame as this could have been a good chance for Griffiths and would have probably saved us some money. Oh well

Mateusz Hewelt is better than Griffiths as far i'm told.

Pickford
Coleman Williams Jagielka Baines
Klassen Schneiderlin
Sandro Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

Just imagine if we could add a few more players to that team.. :celebrate:

I'd have Lookman in myself. Looked a player in the Euros, much more to come.

Sandro outright centre-forward, or a more established player as replacement for Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back