Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Chelsea fetish is a bit bizarre, what is it that he loves so much about them? Where has it come from?

I dont get it either, the Chelsea fans didnt exactly give him a good reception when he played them, the first few times they abused him, but i guess thats more of a reflection on what morons they are

Underlines the difference between Rom and true greats > Rom wants to be Drogba MK2 rather than Lukaku Mk1.

Because Drogba is his hero and mentor he is often drawn comparison to.

Thing is Lukaku is more comparable to Stan Collymore. Himself a very talented goalscorer in the mid 90s who never quite did it when it really mattered.

I reckon he was made promises last summer about players coming in, which as we all know went to pot.

The fact we are being aggressive in this market I think has no bearing now and his mind is made up.

We get top dollar to replace him, it's a no lose situation for the club.

Imo I think in martinez last season he was asked to give us one more season. Then when koeman came in he was asked him to give us one more season.

Think the lad has stayed two seasons longer then he wanted to already from his point of veiw.

I'm of the opinion that if he stays happy days. If he goes we get a huge fee. We've had a top class striker for 4 years. Who we otherwise wouldn't in any other circumstance.

If my boss was to offer me 5 million per year to stay loyal and not work elsewhere for the term of the contract I actually signed WITH MY OWN FAIR HAAANDS !!!!....er YEAH I would deffo stay loyal for the remainder of my contract....but I'm not a shallow husk of a man with no scruples.

Maybe he wants to win major trophies and doesn't see that happening with us, if I'm being truthful, neither can I.

What a player Drogba was, Lukaku not
On the same level and never will be.

Lukaku is 24, and he's just scored 25 premier league goals in one season.

When Drogba was 24 he scored 3 goals in 11 league games for Guingamp.

Lukaku already has a better goals per game ratio in the Premier League than Drogba had over his PL career, and even in his best ever season for Chelsea when they had a much better side than we had last term, he only scored two more than Lukaku has just scored.

To suggest he'll never be better is just nonsense, he already scores more goals.

It'll be interesting to see if people still think he's better than Drogba and Costa by the end of his time at Chelsea.

I predict a very respectable goal return, but no trophies.

Lukaku is far better than Drogba.

Dont act like Kopites just because he's leaving.

He is the best striker we've had since Lineker.

I don't think I'm being a Kopite by saying that's absolute rubbish.

He may well grow to be as good or even better than Drogba, but right now he's well short. Drogba could usually be relied to to come up with something, no matter the opposition. His heart compared to Lukaku was the difference.

I do agree on him being our best since Lineker, though he hasn't had many challengers.

It'll be interesting to see if people still think he's better than Drogba and Costa by the end of his time at Chelsea.

I predict a very respectable goal return, but no trophies.

I'd say the opposite, he will win trophies with them but would expect Chelsea to sign another big striker within a year and he won't get the game time or goals. Even Niasse/Kone would slot a few in a Chelsea team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back