Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm being a Kopite by saying that's absolute rubbish.

He may well grow to be as good or even better than Drogba, but right now he's well short. Drogba could usually be relied to to come up with something, no matter the opposition. His heart compared to Lukaku was the difference.

I do agree on him being our best since Lineker, though he hasn't had many challengers.

I'd say the opposite, he will win trophies with them but would expect Chelsea to sign another big striker within a year and he won't get the game time or goals. Even Niasse/Kone would slot a few in a Chelsea team.
I reckon he'll be moved on after a year or two, but at the prices being mentioned, they'll have to give him at least one full season as first choice striker - a season where they'll finish well off the pace.

It is funny how people act all moral when players have the temerity to want to get more money from their careers. The fact that they're already earning millions is irrelevant. There are people in Africa who don't have access to clean drinking water, but the average person in the UK would complain about only being paid the living wage. You have to look at the context of the situation. Lukaku is worth a lot more than we're currently paying him and we have shown no proof that we can meet his expectations in terms of achievements in football. We win sod all and we're rarely in Europe. We've no right to expect him to stay and no right to be offended if he looks to somebody who can offer those things.

I think our fan base in the main understand he's reasons for wanting to leave, and have been very supportive of him whenever he's played for us.

Our fans probably feel as though he could get his move with a bit more tact and decency and not belittle us as much as he has. I can't think of another player constantly talking down the club every time he's away on international duty the way he has, yet he receives nothing but support us on his return, not convinced he'd get that everywhere.

Lukaku is 24, and he's just scored 25 premier league goals in one season.

When Drogba was 24 he scored 3 goals in 11 league games for Guingamp.

Lukaku already has a better goals per game ratio in the Premier League than Drogba had over his PL career, and even in his best ever season for Chelsea when they had a much better side than we had last term, he only scored two more than Lukaku has just scored.

To suggest he'll never be better is just nonsense, he already scores more goals.
Away from the goals he won't be as good a footballer as drogba was, he used to influence the biggest games like no other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back